Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

7 minutes ago, Koni said:

I really think that $30m weekend stream might end next week. Our best chance at continuing might legitimately be the fourth weekend of ATSV...

that would require a sub 20% drop from an inflated weekend for spider-verse,  maverick dropped 34% the weekend after fathers day/juneteenth

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's amazing how many slam dunk properties are in some sort of death spiral or at least walking wounded. Star Wars, DC, Harry Potter, Pixar, Transformers, Disney animation, and yes, the MCU all taking on heavy water. Fast franchise ending and weaksauce, Jurassic World ended for a bit, Godzilla vs Kong box office novelty wasted during COVID, John Wick on hiatus, Disney out of obvious remakes, Conjuring probably done, Lord of the Rings show getting less eyes than White Lotus...yeesh. I was talking about this with another poster but the current IP to be mined is mostly just video games and Illumination shit. What new live action franchises did 2010-2019 produce? John Wick, Conjuring, and Quiet Place? Not exactly the murderer's row the 90s and 00s produced. 

Things could be about to get very, very bad. Or maybe the industry will actually make good new shit. I wish I trusted audiences to consume it.

I think this is kind of good karma. There’s no reason why we have 11 Fast and Furious movies outside of greed and studio fear. And we frankly need new material out there.

Of course, I’m one of those people who blame audiences for the situation they are in, because despite being sick of the old stuff, they don’t seem to want any new stuff either. So it’s a real bad situation where nobody wins.

With this stuff and the current strikes, I feel going into the movie industry is one of the worst career goals these kids today could have. And that’s really damn sad.

• Like 2

And people try to say that Ezra Miller has no impact on the box office 

Flash among general audiences pulled in 47% guys over 25 (78% grade), 29% guys under 25 (73% grade), 17% women over 25 (76%) and 7% women under 25 (78%). Diversity demos were 35% Caucasian, Hispanic and Latino at 32% (who gave the Andy Muschietti directed movie its best grade at 87%), Black at 20%, and Asian at 9%. Boys under 12 showed up at 78%.

It is a sausage fest. Shazam 2 got 34% women, and Black Adam opened with 51% women. The Flash has the worst male skew that I remember seeing             

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

im guessing the director is making a joke based on the viral social media posts about how batman should just give out free money instead of "beating up poor, mentally ill people"

"Free money"? Is that what they call charity these days?

5 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

The future of cinema is TV and video game integration. Visionary Gunn is on the case.

Yeah I love Gunn but… nope. I doubt that he will even try something like that. It’s what one with very little knowledge of how AAA gaming production works would say, I’m not worried with this simply because it’s impossible to pull it off.

Edited by ZattMurdock

6 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

👀

I probably shouldn't have said that. But, I mean, When a 12 years old and meets a 23 year old, the 23 year old takes an unhealthy possessive relationship with them including piling them with hard drugs, and then are confirmed as having sex with them as an 18/19 year old, that's an inappropriate relationship. 

Still, shitty to include it as a passive aggressive swipe at Flash film instead of just openly saying it. 

I hope I'm wrong about this stuff, but it seems like a good thing that Ezra Miller's money and fame will go away if this film bombs. 

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

You and me my dude. You and me.

youtube the evil is defeated GIF

I assure you brother… the sun will shine on us again.

Let's hope so. I'm pretty damn sure there are many, many people more than willing to get behind DC movies at the cinema... but not ones related to the disaster of the DCEU. Baffles me that WB have continued with it for so long. This end result was always the most likely.

Whatever else happens, we'll have Reeves's The Batman trilogy to look forward to.

Edited by FunkMiller
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

its always been like this for dc,the nolan films masked a studio that has been putting out mostly garbage since the late 90s

I don't think that's true.  I'm not a "DC fan" or a "Marvel fan" I just like good movies and DC has a lot of bad ones but they're good ones like The Batman, Joker and Wonder Woman rank way up there as some of my favorite comic book movies ever.  

If I was doing a top 10 of comic book movies over the last ten years,  I'd have Infinity War,  Black Panther, Winter Soldier and GOTG in there along with Wonder Woman, The Batman,  Joker and the two Spiderverse movies. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

The future of cinema is TV and video game integration. Visionary Gunn is on the case.

Just trolling trolling trolling. Every DC thread. Gotta admire you though I guess.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

In mother Russia, Batman is an anarchist.

(If you read Red Son)

That works. Nightwing is the character to watch in this new DC Universe in my opinion. Since Damien is Robin on Brave and the Bold, we need Dick. And we need Dick now, James. 

13 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I don't think those had public test screenings. That said we did hear the same thing about Flash, lol

I'll believe it when I see it.  Captain Marvel was a very average movie that was gifted a perfect slot between Infinity War and Endgame.  Brie Larson was a cardboard cutout.  I'd like for them to prove me wrong though. 

• Like 2

Nostalgia has to be one of the most overrated selling points there is right now. For every Top Gun: Maverick, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Jurassic World, and The Force Awakens, we get:

-Men in Black International

-Zoolander 2

-Doctor Sleep

-Rambo 6 

-Last few TERMINATOR films

-Last few ROBIN HOOD films

-Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

-Charlies Angels

-King Arthur

-Shaft

-Tomb Raider

-The Huntsman

-Baywatch

-CHIPS

-XXX: Vin Diesel Returns

-Power Rangers 

-Independence Day 2

-Matrix Rebooted

-Flash (somewhat)

-Indiana Jones 5 (seemingly)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Just trolling trolling trolling. Every DC thread. Gotta admire you though I guess.

This particular post I wouldn’t call it trolling. I mean, I love James Gunn but for anyone with any clue on how fucked up gaming production is right now, it’s clear that James Gunn might be well intentioned when he said that gaming would work within his DCU, it’s something that was dumb to say. It’s okay because there isn’t one single chance of happening.