Eric Lasagna

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

i don't think we will ever see another leo cause i don't think we will see another titanic that catapults someone to that level again

I know somewhere in the multiverse Sam Worthington became the biggest action star and played Captain America or something.

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

i don't think we will ever see another leo cause i don't think we will see another titanic that catapults someone to that level again

True. But i think Chalamet is a new Leo in terms of doing quality projects. He's the Leo of these times where a monster original film is not possible anymore.

34 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

33M for Elemental would be the first +30M opening for an original animation since 2020 … let’s call it a win omg 

(ok it’s awful i know, and even sounds a bit overestimated from an 11M FRI + Previews, but this one can have good walkups so let’s see)

Given how much it cost to make,  a couple more such wins for Pixar, and it will go under.

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

lol what’s all this 4 day in the Deadline article, it’s not recognised as a box office holiday weekend is it? 

At least The Blackening only cost $5m. 

I have a feeling it may become a standard 4-day weekend at the box office over time (now that it's a federal holiday and many private employers are adding it to the list of work Holidays), but I don't think it's one of those yet. But it is technically a holiday weekend, which will at least inflate Sunday a bit (in addition to Father's Day).

At this point, though, I feel like Spider-Verse, Transformers, and Elemental will probably benefit the most from Father's Day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I have been saying for months since the trailer dropped that Michael Keaton returning as a video game action star in a big cinematic universe title completely misunderstands his appeal and the nostalgia that could be mined from that. Older audiences who love Keaton Batman have nothing in The Flash trailers thats looks appealing and people have been telling me for months that nostalgia would still prevail.

Feeling pretty vindicated rn at these numbers to say the least lol

Yeah they brought Keaton back in the worst way possible. I still saw it because he’s my childhood Batman but a Tim Burton Batman 3 with Keaton and Pfeiffer would have gone over like Gangbusters. If they had to appeal to the demographic that didn’t watch the first two then throw in Jenna Ortega as Batgirl or a female Robin being trained by BatKeaton. It’s like WB doesn’t want to make money.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, M37 said:

I ain’t reading all those pages, so apologies if double posted, but Deadline has an update 

FRIDAY AFTERNOON: Industry estimates show that Andy Muschietti’s The Flash from Warner Bros’ DC is heading for a Friday around $26M, which will yield a 3-day around $64M, and 4-day north of $72M+ at 4,234 theaters.

Second place at 4,035 is Disney/Pixar’s Elemental with $11M today, a 3-day of $33M, and 4-day of $36M.

Those are severely optimistic

9 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I have a feeling it may become a standard 4-day weekend at the box office over time (now that it's a federal holiday and many private employers are adding it to the list of work Holidays), but I don't think it's one of those yet. But it is technically a holiday weekend, which will at least inflate Sunday a bit (in addition to Father's Day).

At this point, though, I feel like Spider-Verse, Transformers, and Elemental will probably benefit the most from Father's Day.

Juneteenth is a Federal Holiday and a Holiday in over half the states.

But ithas been a Holiday for only about 3 years now. It will probably be regognized as a box office four day weekend in a year or two.

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Since DC fans must be thirsty for some cool news, here’s a freebie:

This show would have been close to finished filming if it wasn’t for the Studios being ignorant in not finding an common ground with the writers and paying them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Since DC fans must be thirsty for some cool news, here’s a freebie:

And since I’m a benevolent god, a little bit of a Marvel tease that might actually turn out to be true. Apparently my prayers will finally be answered.

Mister @Durden, do you have anything to share with the class?

23 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

De Capio was already a rising actor before Titanic. what Leo was able to do is takt the sucess of Titanic and actully go beyond being a actin star and bcome a respected dramatic actor. Of course be able to hook up with Scorsese right after Titanic and becoming Marty's go to guy helped there....