katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

The whole premise of Oppenheimer isn't even pro-bombing. It's shown that Oppenheimer has suffered consequences for creating the bomb and it's a whole nightmare for him. It's kind of hypocritical when Pearl Harbor did very well in Japan.

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

People don't want war at all in Japan. If what @MovieMan89 said wasn't true then we would have bought back our Meji Constitution once American left. I don't really at all support jokes on Wars (It's seriously not laughable at all)

I have seen this - I don't get what Officials of Barbie meant by this "This Ken is a stylist 😉"

F2-TDXL-a-AAAe6jo.jpg

I make some objective statement without any national emotion,this is their marketing strategy, Barbenhaimer is probably one of the most popular internet meme currently,so offically they should support the fan work to make this internet hype more and more wide spread.I don’t think they’re mean to laugh at the people who died because of bomb,they just want their meme more popular.

14 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

People don't want war at all in Japan. If what @MovieMan89 said wasn't true then we would have bought back our Meji Constitution once American left. I don't really at all support jokes on Wars (It's seriously not laughable at all)

I have seen this - I don't get what Officials of Barbie meant by this "This Ken is a stylist 😉"

F2-TDXL-a-AAAe6jo.jpg

Edit: I’m tired and read your post wrong the first time and thought you were saying I do think Japanese people want war. Nevermind if you saw original first part of post. 

I think this may be a bit of a lost in translation cultural thing going on, or there are just some Japanese people on the internet that will try to start something just to start something just like here. 

Ok, yeah I can see how something like that example you listed would come off bad without any context. But if you know the context of the Barbenheimer meme and history, I still think it’s obvious that it’s spoofing the way these two opposite movies have become tied to each other. Not making fun of real life death. I highly doubt there are people posting that on the Barbie social team with that sort of intention. Especially as someone who literally works in that field. 

Edited by MovieMan89

7 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Its quite telling none of those Japanese posters have even seen Oppenheimer yet. It's not exactly some super pro-war movie. 

And we're not even getting into the debate of the atomic bombings themselves. I get those Japanese posters are sensitive about it since they're posting pictures of victims in replies to no doubt gain sympathy, but do they need to be reminded who started the events of the Pacific part of WW2 by invading Manchuria then China? It's not like the US decided to randomly bomb Imperial Japan. 

Anyways end of the day some very online posters who weren't going to see either movie anyways are going to boycott it isn't really a story. Just some new online faux outrage. 

You got the point,the bomb is not USA want Japan’s land or resource then throw the bomb to Hiroshima and Nagasaki,this is not USA invasion to Japan.Is Japan invasion other land then get revenged.

23 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

There's some weird asian infighting going on right now

There is always Asian infighting.

Japanese complaining about the atomic bomb tend to make other Asian countries to mention Japanese crimes in WW2 against them.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

i was watching Oppenheimer again and I was like....when Alden Ehrenreich says Kennedy...he looks a lot like a JFK

then I was like 

this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx_Xqc9qLZUGpob986VqE

and 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpvBTZaOyVXh3ZGTUrW_F

A Nolan directed movie about Cuban missile crises or the assassination itself?

its perfect 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

- snip -

Sorry, I lost in Meaning - but really people don't want War here again. That's what I meant that if People did have Imperalistic goals then Japan would have again risen it's Army once American left. People just want peace here.

6 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I make some objective statement without any national emotion,this is their marketing strategy, Barbenhaimer is probably one of the most popular internet meme currently,so offically they should support the fan work to make this internet hype more and more wide spread.I don’t think they’re mean to laugh at the people who died because of bomb,they just want their meme more popular.

Internet Sensation has nothing do here. Japanese People even when it starts - just explain how big world is undergoing on Barbenheimer but narrative got changed once Barbie Officials reponse where discovered - That's said People don't bother what Overseas speak about Barbenheimer but really curious into the intention of Official promotion activity - 

Or else, these could have started weeks earlier -

15 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

For a historical perspective, let's be honest that bomb did not need to be dropped. 

This is as optimistic as ole “Bomber” Harris swearing to the grave that if the Allies kept bombing Germany, the Nazis would’ve surrendered. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

I beg you. please don't promote Grace Randolph here

What grievances do you have with Saint Randolph, a premiere Rotten Tomatoes Reviewer and professional industry insider? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

For a historical perspective, let's be honest that bomb did not need to be dropped. 

Maybe, but its a classic case of 'fuck around and find out'

(starting a war with a huge surprise military attack on American soil)

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1