Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The one thing I love about these weekly Star Wars discussions is the consistent dislike everyone here has for TRoS. We may love or hate different films in the series but we universally loathe TRoS.

I dont even hate it i think but its so laughably incompetent as a movie that i find it fascinating. One of the best comedies Hollywood has made in the 21st century so far without a doubt.

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Never forget, the best Spanish title for a movie ever

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiBnD1IxfeVmI6PQllS-z

Alex Skarsgard is one of those actors, like Brad Pitt in his day, that has such a handsome leading man look but is so much better of playing weirdos and character roles. I used to not be a fan but he's impressed me lately. Speaking of wasted in Godzilla movies though.

EDIT: Apparently this is Aaron Eckhart. I forgot this movie existed. At least it isn't just brown people I mix up.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, I am aware. Apparently there is a rumor floating they are insanely pissed at Lionsgate for how they handled the release of the movie. It could have done decently as a wide release.

I didn't know anything about them producing it. And they must have saw something they liked about it in order to produce it and yes this definitely should have gone wide and it probably could have had a decent run. I'd be pissed if I was them too at lions gate. I just rented it for $6.99, so hopefully a lot of people will discover it from word of mouth and they can make a bit of money on it.

• Like 1

I don't think the rise of Skywalker is that hated. I thought it was a decent entry, but not nearly as good as the force awakens. The last Jedi is the one that I hate with a passion. It's the only Star wars movie that I truly despise.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Alex Skarsgard is one of those actors, like Brad Pitt in his day, that has such a handsome leading man look but is so much better of playing weirdos and character roles. I used to not be a fan but he's impressed me lately. Speaking of wasted in Godzilla movies though.

That is not Alex Skarsgard. What is wrong with you today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

They fly now??

Don't really get why people dunked on that line tbh. Like Star Wars has always been cheesy and full of corny dialogue? That's the whole point of this silly kids series?

Just now, Eric the Turtle said:

That is not Alex Skarsgard. What is wrong with you today?

The cheese is slipping off the cracker. Also, I kind of forgot poor Aaron Eckhart existed. I vaguely remember seeing a movie called Battle of Los Angeles that had cool trailers that appealed to high school me. Movie sucked if I recall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

EDIT: Apparently this is Aaron Eckhart. I forgot this movie existed. At least it isn't just brown people I mix up.

WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK :hahaha:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

The cheese is slipping off the cracker. Also, I kind of forgot poor Aaron Eckhart existed. I vaguely remember seeing a movie called Battle of Los Angeles that had cool trailers that appealed to high school me. Movie sucked if I recall.

Battle LA is absolute trash. He is good in The Dark Knight tho.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Apparently it was Battle: Los Angeles. Battle of Los Angeles is, of course, a Rage Against The Machine album. I give up!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I didn't know anything about them producing it. And they must have saw something they liked about it in order to produce it and yes this definitely should have gone wide and it probably could have had a decent run. I'd be pissed if I was them too at lions gate. I just rented it for $6.99, so hopefully a lot of people will discover it from word of mouth and they can make a bit of money on it.

Did you enjoy the final 20 minutes and the ending? 

I love The Dark Knight and it's a classic blockbuster with tons of ambition. That said the "sacrifice everything to protect a hard-charging prosecutor and arrest more people" thing, uh, doesn't age quite as well today. But it works well within the context of the movie itself, and the ending is still so bold compared to the shit we get nowadays.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Did you enjoy the final 20 minutes and the ending? 

Final 20 minutes is starting now I'll get back to you in a half hour LOL

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I love The Dark Knight and it's a classic blockbuster with tons of ambition. That said the "sacrifice everything to protect a hard-charging prosecutor and arrest more people" thing, uh, doesn't age quite as well today. But it works well within the context of the movie itself, and the ending is still so bold compared to the shit we get nowadays.

I still get a laugh at how phone surveillance is used to save the day. I know Batman doesn't want to do it and stuff, but it's still kind of creepy and weird in a post-Snowden climate lol

Dark Knight Rises is also a very funky movie with weird politics, especially since it came out during the Occupy Wall Street movement. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it is a weird little bugger.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1