Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

FWIW, I think Shazam was a mix of the first film being very much "liked" but not so much beloved, and just a kind of shitty sequel that botched it right from the marketing

so little scenes with the kids and the family and so much generic cgi-filled fights with some even more generic-looking villains that other films will deliver on way better

it also doesn't help that avatar2 delivered way the fuck better on the "family friendly blockbuster" anyway

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Not sure why Shazam even needed a sequel. 

Really?

How many reasons would you like me to list? Seeing as this is a box office forum, I thought it would be fairly common knowledge that movies are a business. Shazam is part of the DC universe and you make one superhero movie so you can make more superhero movies and make more money and your shareholders are happy because they're making more money. Movies are an art form but that might be maybe third or fourth on the totem pole of why they're made. Number one is so that people can make money. It's like asking why is there a grocery store built in my area? Second on that list is to serve people and their needs. First on that list is so the owner of that store can make an exorbitant amount of money. Business is business.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Not sure why Shazam even needed a sequel. 

26 minutes ago, baumer said:

Really?

How many reasons would you like me to list? Seeing as this is a box office forum, I thought it would be fairly common knowledge that movies are a business. Shazam is part of the DC universe and you make one superhero movie so you can make more superhero movies and make more money and your shareholders are happy because they're making more money. Movies are an art form but that might be maybe third or fourth on the totem pole of why they're made. Number one is so that people can make money. It's like asking why is there a grocery store built in my area? Second on that list is to serve people and their needs. First on that list is so the owner of that store can make an exorbitant amount of money. Business is business.

ConcernedTenseFlamingo-size_restricted.g

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Really?

It’s not like the first Shazam was Avengers 

1 minute ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Because I hold people accountable?

Okay. ❤️

I mean, you're just a poster online, lol. You're not really holding anyone accountable. I don't really like Levi, but I wouldn't really call anything he's said "mean spirited and nasty". But this isn't really the thread for this convo.

11 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I mean, you're just a poster online, lol. You're not really holding anyone accountable. I don't really like Levi, but I wouldn't really call anything he's said "mean spirited and nasty". But this isn't really the thread for this convo.

Hmm, then, I don't think you know what I'm referencing or speaking to.

So, don't speak on me again. ❤️

• Haha 1