Eric Furiosa

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

15 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

:whosad:

I badly want it to be good cause I love sci-fi and it does look visually impressive but I do fear you're right.

This is me with every studio comedy that comes out. I love the genre, want it to do well, trying to support them best I can...but I know they're always going to bomb and they're going to be trash every time

Strays is dropping next week and it honest to god looks like one of the worst movies ever created. Every single "HAHAHAHA DOGS ARE SWEARING" gag they pull makes me want to jab my eyes out.

• Like 2

Just now, ringedmortality said:

I really don’t get why JDW was cast in this. It’s not like he’s a draw whatsoever.

Cheap while somewhat recognisable?

Tbf, he's worked with Nolan, David O Russell and Spike Lee. Maybe directors see something in him that doesn't QUITE translate into the finished product? 

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Cheap while somewhat recognisable?

Tbf, he's worked with Nolan, David O Russell and Spike Lee. Maybe directors see something in him that doesn't QUITE translate into the finished product? 

They seem to think one day he's magically going to turn into a Denzel clone and they'll be the beneficiaries.  Not happening.

• Like 2

I mean I do remember JDW being solid enough in BlacKkKlansman, even if he was upstaged by all the other actors. And I do think Tenet has issues of just being an undercooked mess that it's not totally his fault he ain't that good as The Protagonist (though again, Pattinson upstages him). So the jury is still out on him IMO, but I don't see anything in any of The Creator's trailers that get me excited for him acting-wise. But again, he has the excuse that Gareth Edwards sucks and can't direct actors for shit, so he still can get a few more strikes before he's knocked out.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

Strays is dropping next week and it honest to god looks like one of the worst movies ever created. Every single "HAHAHAHA DOGS ARE SWEARING" gag they pull makes me want to jab my eyes out.

That's how I felt with the Good Boys trailer and I absolutely loved it. But chances of Strays going that way do seem to be...near zero.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

I mean I do remember JDW being solid enough in BlacKkKlansman, even if he was upstaged by all the other actors. And I do think Tenet has issues of just being an undercooked mess that it's not totally his fault he ain't that good as The Protagonist (though again, Pattinson upstages him). So the jury is still out on him IMO, but I don't see anything in any of The Creator's trailers that get me excited for him acting-wise. But again, he has the excuse that Gareth Edwards sucks and can't direct actors for shit, so he still can get a few more strikes before he's knocked out.

He was bland in Klansman, is the worst part of Amsterdam, dull in Tenet, try-hard in Malcolm and Marie. The verdict is in, he’s guilty.

1 hour ago, Eric the Turtle said:

30 minutes of good and 90 minutes of bad still means the film is bad. And frankly, people overhype that final act way too much, espeically when we're still following a bunch of boring cardboard cutouts who you don't care about.

You're breaking my heart, bb...

The funny thing is, I’ve never seen the STRAYS trailer play before a film and not get big laughs from the audience. 

Surprised at the low tracking. 

30 minutes of good and 90 minutes of bad still means the film is bad. And frankly, people overhype that final act way too much, espeically when we're still following a bunch of boring cardboard cutouts who you don't care about.

Problem I had with Rogue One is that it is clear the director had to cut out some of the major things he wanted to explore. Clearly he wanted to make the point that the Rebel Alliance's hands were not clean..they had  done some ugly stuff also..to be expected if you know the history of Insurgent movements. But Disney wanted to keep the Alliance pretty much sequaky clean and so the director could only hint on this.

What is interesting is that the makers of Andor had a lot more freedom to explore that the Alliance was not compleyly goody goody.

3 hours ago, Eric the Turtle said:

Everything about that movie is such a wasted opportunity. A waste of a good story, a waste of good actors, a waste of good visuals. It’s a film that gets worse and worse every time I think about it, especially when Zombie CG Cushing gave us this AI deepfake bullshit that SAG is trying to stop and studios are exploiting like crazy to save money.

It’s one of those rare hit movies people like where I genuninely don’t get the appeal. At all. No understanding whatsoever.

That's Me with about 50% of the hit movies out there lol. I don't get the appeal of them.

This is me with every studio comedy that comes out. I love the genre, want it to do well, trying to support them best I can...but I know they're always going to bomb and they're going to be trash every time

I'll never understand why anybody would want to see a movie about dogs being abandoned by their owners. As a dog lover, that just makes me want to cry even thinking about that. And now theres supposed to be a funny animated movie where dogs take revenge on owners who have abandoned them? Yeah that's a very very hard pass for me.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Screw it I’ll take the other side of this thread. I think Rami Malek, Garett Edwards, Rogue One, and JDW are all fantastic and y’all are just too cynical :lol: 

You monster. How dare you think differently!

• Heart 1

Edwards is just awful overall. Godzilla 14 remains the most infuriating blockbuster in comparison to its masterclass marketing I have ever seen. I hate it so so much. 

Rogue One is one of the only movies to legitimately put me to sleep during the first two acts, I simply don’t sleep through movies. Horrifically dull and uneventful until they are handed the third act on a silver platter thanks entirely to ANH nostalgia. He is a terrible blockbuster director overall, get him off of my big budget tentpoles. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 4