kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Depends on the budget, but as long as it can get to profitability making at last 400M, it should be fine. I doubt it makes less than Superman Returns did in 2006.

If it makes less than 600M, they might as well bring back Snyder.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Blue Beetle needs all the money it can make from America because Europa and Asia are rejecting it massively. 

Hoping for a 30M OW.

I'm curious about Blue Beetle box office in Latin America countries?

It doesn't seem to be a lot of interest for the movie in my country.

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Bit weird to consider a Hunger Games prequel less risky than The Marvels, but I guess it depends on your definition of disappointment. How much do you think both movies are making?

I think in this age of streaming services, it's becoming more and more difficult for a blockbuster movie to do 2.5x the budget, so anything above 2x I consider box office disappointment, not flop. Variety said FastX will make profit, so if Fastx is making some profit, then other movies that are doing 2x+ the budget are also making some profit.

Hunger Games: 300-550m

The Marvels  270–600m

Edited by Willowra

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

I think in this age of streaming services, it's becoming more and more difficult for a blockbuster movie to do 2.5x the budget, so anything above 2x I consider box office disappointments, not flops. Variety said Fastx will make profit, so if Fastx is making some profit, then other movies that are doing 2x+ the budget are also making some profit.

The Marvels  270–600m

Hunger Games - 350M

Marvels - 650M

wheres the predictions thread?

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Blue Beetle won’t follow Flash exactly but in a morbid sorta way I want it to because an $18m opening would be a hilarious nail in the DCEU coffin.

Realistically $25-28m

Wasn't Flash opening to $55 mil and finishing under $110 mil the "final nail in the coffin"?

3 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

$373M was worth a lot more in 2005. Plus it had the added bonus of Physical DVD age to pad the profits

$373 mil is worth about $580 mil in today's dollars. It would be asinine to start over AGAIN in Superman makes $600 mil WW.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I think in this age of streaming services, it's becoming more and more difficult for a blockbuster movie to do 2.5x the budget, so anything above 2x I consider box office disappointment, not flop. Variety said FastX will make profit, so if Fastx is making some profit, then other movies that are doing 2x+ the budget are also making some profit.

The Marvels  270–600m

270m for marvels !!!!

It's not going that low LMAO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

270m for marvels !!!!

It's not going that low LMAO.

The Flash with 2 Batman did just 268m WW. What if The Marvels opens similar to The Flash(55-65m OW) & gets B cinemascore? Anything is possible. 

10 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

$373 mil is worth about $580 mil in today's dollars. It would be asinine to start over AGAIN in Superman makes $600 mil WW.

Physical DVDs used to save movies failing movies in the boxoffice. And it was significantly larger than Digital. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Physical DVDs used to save movies failing movies in the boxoffice. And it was significantly larger than Digital. 

WB didn't see the BB gross and go "oh this will be saved by DVD, let's still continue with this!"