kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

On 8/20/2023 at 11:31 PM, TomThomas said:

By any audience or critics metric they weren't, both low 6 while The Flash is high 6, the rest is opinion.

23 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Critics wise yes Flash has better scores but audience wise both Shazam 2 and Black Adam have better Cinemascore and verified RT reviews which are the only 2 reliable and verified scoring system out there. Even Metacritic user review have Black Adam higher than Flash. 

8 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Cinemascore and verified RT are the least reliable scoring systems or we are gonna pretend that Jurassic World: Dominion was well received or Wolf Of Wall Street is poorly received by audiences? Metacritic is too influenced by trolls and doesn't have enough votes, imdb and letterboxd can be influenced only initially if it's some fanboy property, but in most cases it represents the actual reception when enough people watched the movie and initial troll votes lose all the influence. The Flash has higher score on both imdb and letterboxd than BA or S2.

3 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Okay, let's play delusional and pretend audiences loved Dominion and hated Wolf Of Wall Street because "the most reliable" scoring systems say so, but not with me, not a fan of being delusional game. And if imdb is so bad, why offering metacritic user score which is obviously much worse? Makes no sense to me.

I like how you how completely ignored your original argument which I refuted by providing not 1 but 3 audience metrics and went on a tangent, kudos on that side stepping btw. 

And regarding reliability, ignoring the fact that RT and Cinemascore are the only metrics which actually utilizes verified audiences, what do the studios and industry which prefers and uses Cinemascore/PostTrack and us on this forum who have tracked movies/BO for more than a decade know huh. You do you mate and use whatever metric floats your boat. I have no interest in changing your mind and continuing this asinine argument. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Just sneak in snacks and boom it only costs $20

I see many willing to spend more on concessions with $4 tickets on NCD. Sort of I might as will spend more on food for the experience.

I imagine theaters made out like bandits on food sales last year on NCD, which is why it is happening again this year.

I checked several Regal complexes for Sunday and TSMBM is only receiving one or two shows at most of them. I did find one in Atlanta where it is showing four times.

Barbie is being given plenty of showtimes so it should easily be the largest beneficiary of NCD to no one's surprise. Oppenheimer is picking up some showings on IMAX screens that had dumped it in favor of Blue Beetle this past weekend so that might help offset some losses from the jam packed 70mm IMAX screens. Both Barbie and Oppy will be ever so close to their $600M/$300M milestones after Sunday and both should achieve those grosses by the end of the month.

Also, most of these Regal complexes have showings as early as 8am or 9am on Sunday. More theaters need to do this on opening weekends for big movies. Granted, we don't have many big movies left to open this year; but it is definitely something that needs to happen next summer. 

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

It was just heavy rain

True but many families stayed home. My theatre is usually packed with kids and families, even when the big release is rated R, last Sunday however, only teens and young adults showed up. 

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I checked several Regal complexes for Sunday and TSMBM is only receiving one or two shows at most of them. I did find one in Atlanta where it is showing four times.

Barbie is being given plenty of showtimes so it should easily be the largest beneficiary of NCD to no one's surprise. Oppenheimer is picking up some showings on IMAX screens that had dumped it in favor of Blue Beetle this past weekend so that might help offset some losses from the jam packed 70mm IMAX screens. Both Barbie and Oppy will be ever so close to their $600M/$300M milestones after Sunday and both should achieve those grosses by the end of the month.

Also, most of these Regal complexes have showings as early as 8am or 9am on Sunday. More theaters need to do this on opening weekends for big movies. Granted, we don't have many big movies left to open this year; but it is definitely something that needs to happen next summer. 

I find it weird they are re-releasing Mario with it being on video for months now. NWH only made 5.4M on NCD WE. Doesn't seem worth it.

Barbie and TMNT will be the biggest this NCD. Berbie for women and tweens, and TMNT for families.

I think NCD only exists to get people to buy concessions and back into the habit of going to movies. Also we are in the dog days of August right now. No way studios would agree to such a discount on their big movie OWs. Sony is probably fine with Gran Turismo having NCD on its Sun just to get the word out for it.

I see this talk about sneaking concessions in and meanwhile here I am in the UK, sometimes buying stuff if I forget to bring anything but usually getting a huge bucket or bag of popcorn from a supermarket, along with some maoams or jellybeans and drinks. Just..you know, walk in with the Tesco bag. 

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

I like how you how completely ignored your original argument which I refuted by providing not 1 but 3 audience metrics and went on a tangent, kudos on that side stepping btw. 

And regarding reliability, ignoring the fact that RT and Cinemascore are the only metrics which actually utilizes verified audiences, what do the studios and industry which prefers and uses Cinemascore/PostTrack and us on this forum who have tracked movies/BO for more than a decade know huh. You do you mate and use whatever metric floats your boat. I have no interest in changing your mind and continuing this asinine argument. 

Not you pulling out receipts.

LMAOOOOO.

• Haha 1

Here are some miscellaneous milestones for Oppenheimer.

Current domestic gross: $285.36M

Gross needed to pass Inception: $7.23M

Gross needed to reach $300M: $14.64M

Gross needed to reach Top 100 all-time: $17.68M (passing The Hobbit)

Gross needed to reach #6 on all-time R-rated list: $39.24M (passing Deadpool 2)

Gross needed to reach #5 on all-time R-rated list: $43.52M (passing It)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Here are some miscellaneous milestones for Oppenheimer.

Current domestic gross: $285.36M

Gross needed to pass Inception: $7.23M

Gross needed to reach $300M: $14.64M

Gross needed to reach Top 100 all-time: $17.68M (passing The Hobbit)

Gross needed to reach #6 on all-time R-rated list: $39.24M (passing Deadpool 2)

Gross needed to reach #5 on all-time R-rated list: $43.52M (passing It)

It has been tracking very similar to TDKR the last couple weeks. If that continues, it will finish around $323M.