SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

5 hours ago, BOfficeStats said:

Was there any reason to believe that Renaissance would open even remotely close to The Eras Tour?  The first day of Renaissance presales were around 1/6th of The Eras Tour, indicating far lower demand.  

What is your prediction for the OW?

8 hours ago, Jake4 said:

can godzilla beat beyonce for the opening weekend?

That seems extremely unlikely.  Shin Godzilla only pulled in $1.54M over its opening 7-days. I can't imagine that Renaissance would open below $9M (~10% of The Eras Tour) considering the early presales (an estimated $6M on the first day), extremely high ATP, and IMAX screens.

Edited by BOfficeStats

Freelance T-4: 30.71% Awareness

Final Awareness: 37% chance of 10M

Low Awareness: 22% chance of 10M

Godzilla Minus One T-39: 20.72% Awareness

T-30 Awareness: 55% chance of 10M, 20% chance of 20M

Low Awareness: 35% chance of 10M, 5% chance of 20M

Renaissance: A Film By Beyonce T-39: 20.85% Awareness

T-30 Awareness: 55% chance of 10M, 20% chance of 20M, 4% chance of 40M, 2% chance of 80M

Low Awareness: 35% chance of 10M, 5% chance of 20M

The Iron Claw T-60: 15.94% Awareness

T-60 Awareness: 29% chance of 10M

Low Awareness: 25% chance of 10M

i saw this on the other forum, is still looking like renaissance will debut no 1 with over 20 million?

I don't think it will miss 20m but I do think its OW cap is probably 30m. There's still some mystery surrounding this project that TET didn't have. It's not a straight concert film so if the entire package is well received and fueled by strong WOM I could see it getting more walkups that TET did. 

RENAISSANCE-A-FILM-BY-BEYONCE-2-1.jpeg?w

Beyoncé to Hold Premieres for Renaissance Concert Film in London, L.A. – The Hollywood Reporter

Tickets for international territories — including Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America and the Caribbean — will go on sale Nov. 9 at BeyonceFilm.com.

The singer will hold the world premiere of 'Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé' in London on Nov. 30 and the U.S. premiere in Los Angeles on Nov. 25. 

Edited by imbruglia
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, imbruglia said:

RENAISSANCE-A-FILM-BY-BEYONCE-2-1.jpeg?w

Beyoncé to Hold Premieres for Renaissance Concert Film in London, L.A. – The Hollywood Reporter

Tickets for international territories — including Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America and the Caribbean — will go on sale Nov. 9 at BeyonceFilm.com.

The singer will hold the world premiere of 'Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé' in London on Nov. 30 and the U.S. premiere in Los Angeles on Nov. 25. 

I hope Tay can make the London premiere to pay respects like Bey did for TET premiere. She has a show Nov 25th so London would be her only Ren premiere opportunity.

4 hours ago, Taylor89 said:

Oh so it can be less than 20m? That's horrible. She should have sold the movie to streaming services. 

Unless you have knowledge of the terms of a potential streaming deal, it is definitely possible that a theatrical-first release is still a better decision.  

Last I checked a while ago MTC1 itself was 2.1m for previews :-) but like Eras these movies seem to have limited appeal outside hardcore fans and so Its going to behave similar to Eras. That said one thing Beyonce did it right is release. There is no need to move up release at the 11th hour to thursday from Friday. 

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Last I checked a while ago MTC1 itself was 2.1m for previews 🙂 but like Eras these movies seem to have limited appeal outside hardcore fans and so Its going to behave similar to Eras. That said one thing Beyonce did it right is release. There is no need to move up release at the 11th hour to thursday from Friday. 

2.1m for first week previews? or it's the total?

9 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Last I checked a while ago MTC1 itself was 2.1m for previews 🙂 but like Eras these movies seem to have limited appeal outside hardcore fans and so Its going to behave similar to Eras. That said one thing Beyonce did it right is release. There is no need to move up release at the 11th hour to thursday from Friday. 

If MTC1 is $2.1M then overall previews is probably right about $3M. Like Eras, I can’t imagine there will be a ton of sales growth after the first few week of ticket sales. Overall previews might hit $4M by November 30.  I expect Renaissance to have less frontload due to slightly less fandom fervor and an older base, but I still can’t see it going beyond 5x previews. Had Eras done a “normal” theatrical OW it would have very likely been under a 3.5x previews multiplier.