Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - Godzilla -1.0 $1.28M, TBOSS $1.148M, Beyonce $1.145M

Box Office Report Weekend Predictions: 1. Boy & Heron; 2. Hunger Games; 3. Godzilla 4. Renaissance; 5. Trolls 3

BOX OFFICE REPORT WEEKEND PREDICTIONS

1. The Boy & the Heron -- $11.0 M (NEW)

2. Hunger Games: Boss -- $10.0 M (-29%)

3. Godzilla Minus One -- $8.3 M (-27%)

4. Renaissance...Beyonce -- $6.5 M (-70%)

5. Trolls 3 -- $6.3 M (-20%)

Link to Box Office Report Weekend Predictions

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Jerri Blank-Diggler said:

Box Office Report Weekend Predictions: 1. Boy & Heron; 2. Hunger Games; 3. Godzilla 4. Renaissance; 5. Trolls 3

BOX OFFICE REPORT WEEKEND PREDICTIONS

1. The Boy & the Heron -- $11.0 M (NEW)

2. Hunger Games: Boss -- $10.0 M (-29%)

3. Godzilla Minus One -- $8.3 M (-27%)

4. Renaissance...Beyonce -- $6.5 M (-70%)

5. Trolls 3 -- $6.3 M (-20%)

Link to Box Office Report Weekend Predictions

200.gif Godzilla is getting 10 for sure 

I really need to know the breakdown of that Heron number. I'm assuming it includes the last two weeks of NY/LA shows, which would be extremely annoying but since GKids doesn't exactly release a lot of major movies I guess I won't be that mad about it.

(ETA: scratch that! wow, in that case an incredible number)

If Renaissance follows the same daily pattern as Eras, that gets it to a $5.9M weekend. 

Edited by JonathanMB

7 minutes ago, JonathanMB said:

I really need to know the breakdown of that Heron number. I'm assuming it includes the last two weeks of NY/LA shows, which would be extremely annoying but since GKids doesn't exactly release a lot of major movies I guess I won't be that mad about it.

(ETA: scratch that! wow, in that case an incredible number)

If Renaissance follows the same daily pattern as Eras, that gets it to a $5.9M weekend. 

oh 70% would be a harsh drop..

Speaking of Godzilla Minus One, the highest grossing Japanese live-action title stateside led Thursday with $1.25M (-8% from Wednesday) and a first week of $17M at 2,308 theaters. Pic’s second weekend looks to be $5M-$6M in what’s a toss-up for third place with AMC’s second frame of Renaissance: A Film by Beyonce.

That concert docu from the 32x Grammy winner paused showtimes Monday through Wednesday, but returned yesterday with $1.145M for a No. 3 spot at the Thursday B.O. She’s also looking at around $6M. Running cume for Beyonce is $23.1M.

Don’t underestimate Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes which placed second yesterday with $1.148M (-3% from Wednesday) and took in a third week of $19.5M at 3,691 theaters with a running total of $126.2M. Projections for the Francis Lawrence directed prequel’s fourth frame is around $8M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I feel like these 5-6m projections for -1 are just there to have another good story because to me it looks like it should go at least 8m ? 

With this Thursday, imo 8M is the floor. Deadline is probably comping the movie with other foreign language/japanese anime movies which tend to be very frontloaded when opening so wide. And as you say, the headlines read even more positive when the movie outperformas expectations (again).

• Like 3

Fourth place goes to Bleecker Street’s feature take of Broadway musical Waitress which did $672K at 1,214 theaters.

Fifth place is Apple Original Production’s Napoleon via Sony which made $609K yesterday, -13% from Wednesday, for a second week of $10.2M at 3,500 theaters and running total of $48.9M.

Saltburn, which posted an amazing -9% third weekend, post-Thanksgiving hold, ended its third week with $2.9M after a $256K Thursday and a running total of $7.6M. The Amazon MGM movie hits Prime on Dec. 22.

• Like 1

Saltburn doing weekday numbers that would be great even for an animated movie in the summer is such a weird little box office story. Wish it had opened a little higher, maybe Amazon would have held off on adding it to streaming until January then.

2 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Th essentially locks the true fss increase. Personally I think it may increase without needing the true crutch.

Yeah, im getting more and more optimistic for it getting 11M+, but i dont want to get overly excited and then be "disappointed" with like 9,8M. Increase or not, it will have an amazing hold.

• Like 1