Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - Godzilla -1.0 $1.28M, TBOSS $1.148M, Beyonce $1.145M

8 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

10m second weekend?

My dream is an icrease from the 11,4M OW. But i wont let myself be disappointed with anything over like 7M honestly. It has already blown past of my highest expectation from before it came out.

• Like 1

Godzilla is doing great numbers, hope it continues to have fantastic legs, specially considering this Christmas season looks pretty bland. I just thought it was kinda funny that certain Youtuber thought the OW weekend was disappointing because it didn't reach Godzilla (2014) or King of the Monsters numbers. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AN9815 said:

Godzilla is doing great numbers, hope it continues to have fantastic legs, specially considering this Christmas season looks pretty bland. I just thought it was kinda funny that certain Youtuber thought the OW weekend was disappointing because it didn't reach Godzilla (2014) or King of the Monsters numbers. 

I honestly believe that some grifters Youtubers got so used to calling things a bomb or flop to drive engagement up that they left any type of critical thinking behind a long time ago. Everything needs to be a bomb, needs to be hated, so that they can create a caps lock rage-bait title and drive up engagement.

This sort of Youtube content took a real nose dive in the past couple of years, it's very hard to find a reasonable movies (or gaming) Youtuber nowadays.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I honestly believe that some grifters Youtubers got so used to calling things a bomb or flop to drive engagement up that they left any type of critical thinking behind a long time ago. Everything needs to be a bomb, needs to be hated, so that they can create a caps lock rage-bait title and drive up engagement.

This sort of Youtube content took a real nose dive in the past couple of years, it's very hard to find a reasonable movies (or gaming) Youtuber nowadays.

I agree that there is a huge part of YouTube movie channels/reviewers who are nothing but a joke. But thankfully, theres still some good ones, i.e. i still very much like Chris Stuckmann, Dan Murrell (who btw has probably the best box office youtube channel out there) and in terms of Godzilla-centric channels theres Up from the Depths, DangerVille or of course the good old Cinemassacre. So not all is bleak, but theres certainly a huge amount of channels that are just ... pathetic and cringe to be honest.

Worst case scenario for the weekend is what, $7M? And that's with a 10-15% today and only a 80-90% increase Friday (admittedly not impossible). Either way, great great daily holds. Crazy that it's probably gonna make more money here than it did in Japan.

59 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

To be fair, most people outside of this forum have no idea about the box office and are not able to tell if a movie is a failure or a success if not for the Variety reports they see. I've seen people say The Marvels might get to $200m DOM because it opened with $46m and Elemental made $154m with $29m opening.

However, if you are a youtuber and specifically dedicate an entire section to talk about the box office, at the very least, do some research beforehand. The Godzilla thing was just an example but I have seen, and not only from this channel in their defense, some incredible awful takes that are just jarring to anyone who has any idea about this. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

I would be surprised if it dropped from opening true fss to be honest. Thinking 50+ finish though if it comes in under still great

And important to remeber that a 50M final gross would already be enough to be in the Top 5 all time foreign language grossers in the US. Anything above 57,2M would be enough to reach Number 2. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragons 128M ofc is not a realistic target.

Spoiler

For now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1