Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - Godzilla -1.0 $1.28M, TBOSS $1.148M, Beyonce $1.145M

1 minute ago, JustWatching said:

Yeah that’s a great hold for Minus One. I would have been happy with 800k.

Crazy to think that its Monday gross of 1,2M is more than half of Shin Godzillas whole 1,9M total gross in the US. I know ofc that Shin released in far fewer theaters, but still, its remarkable that a Toho Godzilla movie can get those kind of numbers now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Wow. This seems to be easily going over 20m now

If its able to hold onto its theater count for a little while, i expect a 35 - 40M gross. 2nd weekend hold will tell much more ofc, but that Monday hold is a very encouraging sign.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If its able to hold onto its theater count for a little while, i expect a 35 - 40M gross. 2nd weekend hold will tell much more ofc, but that Monday hold is a very encouraging sign.

Theaters have extended to the 14th it looks like. We’ll see what happens after that but would seem odd to pull it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric Wonka said:

Oh wow i woundt have expected that. Then again, foreign movies usually gross between 5 to 30M in the US, so its extremely hard for them to take the No1 spot on any given release window