filmlover

Fly Me to the Moon | 7/12/2024 | Apple/Sony | Scarlett Johansson, Channing Tatum

16 hours ago, Insomnia said:

It's a movie, dude. 🤣 There are a lot of e

By this logic something like The Da Vinci Code was problematic. I think we have to give the average person a little more credit - a movie like this isn't going to do any harm or impact perception of what's real and what's not. 

And I maintain the movies out there that bend facts and lean into crazy theories and scenarios have halped to create an atmosphere where way too m any people take this crop seriously.

Anyway, pissing off a natural audience for this movie ..the space buffs..is a bad,stupid idea.

Edited by dudalb

Bunch of advance screenings of this happening over the next couple weeks, so I guess Sony is banking on good WOM here?

In any case I got into one, so I may be finding out in a couple days.

Saw this Monday at an AMC Screen Unseen event. It was actually really funny, and pretty to look at with its mid-century modern aesthetic. Scanning Johatum had nice on screen chemistry. 

On 6/21/2024 at 2:00 AM, dudalb said:

Basic problem is the core audience for this, people who are interested about the space program...hate the Moon Hoax crap with a passion.  It is not even a laughing matter for them...except to laugh at the stupidity of the conspiracy theory.The film might well end up doing that, but you can't tell it from the marketing.

I love space movies but im glad they finally made a film that admits it was fake :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

I love space movies but im glad they finally made a film that admits it was fake :)

I am going to assume and hope the smiley face means you are joking. Otherwise take that shit to some Qnon shithole. 😃

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I am going to assume and hope the smiley face means you are joking. Otherwise take that shit to some Qnon shithole. 😃

Ill say this, one of my favourite scenes in Interstellar was when Cooper schools his daughters teachers 😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Any hints of what the WOM is like following the two EA days?

It's 3.3 on Lbxd rn, best we've got besides Twitter cherry-picking

For the record I did not end up seeing it. Rainstorm blew through that day and didn't feel like driving 40 minutes in it.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know why people get so bothered by conspiracy theories lol. I find them fun to think about. You don't have to believe them. Some people do and, well, they can go nuts. 

I don't really care about this movie either way but it does sound fun. If word of mouth is indeed really positive I'll probably check it out.

Edited by Insomnia
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

I don't know why people get so bothered by conspiracy theories lol. I find them fun to think about. You don't have to believe them. So.e people do and, well, they can go nuts. 

I don't really care about this movie either way but it does sound fun. If word of mouth is indeed really positive I'll probably check it out.

I get some conspiracy theories are damaging but yeah, flat earthers and moon landing deniers really aren't hurting anyone. I'm convinced most of them are just trolling for clicks on social media whilst the real losers are the ones who engaging with them.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:00 AM, dudalb said:

Basic problem is the core audience for this, people who are interested about the space program...hate the Moon Hoax crap with a passion.  It is not even a laughing matter for them...except to laugh at the stupidity of the conspiracy theory.The film might well end up doing that, but you can't tell it from the marketing.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:41 AM, emoviefan said:

Yeah this movie is  not going to do well.  Who are they even trying to sell it too? Conspiracy nuts who love semi-romantic comedies.  That's a big group sure.

Why are we so sure that the people who believe it’s a hoax are conspiracy theorists? 

Guess it depends on which side of the story you believe. 

Doesn’t seem to be hurting the film though, it’s just being viewed as a Scar Jo/Tatum rom com. 

On 7/8/2024 at 3:00 AM, Jaxon5 said:

Tell me you are joking. Pleae.

Conspiracy theoris are no longer a laughing matter, given the way they are playing a major role in wreaking political havoc.