filmlover

Fly Me to the Moon | 7/12/2024 | Apple/Sony | Scarlett Johansson, Channing Tatum

On 4/8/2024 at 7:46 AM, filmlover said:

This looks delightful.

I love anything about the Space Program, but I  hope they do the "Fake Moon Landing" as a rellly bad idea played for laughs.

If they push it seriously, I am so not seeing this.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I love anything about the Space Program, but I  hope they do the "Fake Moon Landing" as a rellly bad idea played for laughs.

If they push it seriously, I am so not seeing this.

Yeah, I do hope it doesn't do anything for that "moon landing is fake" idiotic crowd as well.

This looks delightful to me though, and that last line by Scarlett Johansson is golden.

Edited by Arlborn

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah, I do hope it doesn't do anything for that "moon landing is fake" idiotic crowd as well.

This looks delightful to me though, and that last line by Scarlett Johansson is golden.

If they protray the fake moon landing as a really bad idea  by a clueless bureaucrat and ridicule it, no problems.

My  contemp for the idiot "Moonbats" knows no bounds. Every piece of "evidence" they have for the landing being faked has been ripped to shreds repeatedly.

Edited by dudalb

Have a feeling this is going to flop hard (sub 10M OW, sub 25 total). That being said I think it looks like one of the better movies this summer, and I hope it's a 100M+ hit. 

• Sad 1

I wish this was just more of a straight forward romcom. I don't think the premise is gonna grab people, and those it will it's gonna be in a dumbass conspiratorial kinda way. I just don't get this whole project honestly. And it's a $100m budget. Love the 2 stars, good pairing, but this would be a much easier sell if they leaned into the Rom of it all. I don't think a movie about potentially faking the moon landing is gonna entice anyone. And I dont think Sony is gonna push it all that hard

This doesn't seem like the kind of movie that would be the subject of controversy. It won't be big enough to grab the conspiracy theorists (who only latch themselves onto projects that might guarantee them the spotlight).

On 5/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, DAJK said:

Have a feeling this is going to flop hard (sub 10M OW, sub 25 total). That being said I think it looks like one of the better movies this summer, and I hope it's a 100M+ hit. 

If it pushses the "Moon Landing Was Faked' Crap, it deserves to bomb.

Edited by dudalb

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I'm with everyone else bringing up the "faked moon landing" aspect of the film. That really puts me off.

Now if it ridicules the idea of a faked moon landing as a really bad idea, that is a different story.

One of faviorties film clipse is when on Moonbat on a convention begun harrasing Buzz ALdrin, he was in Buzz's face, and Buzz finally just socked the guy. A Nice  thing to watch.

First Man faced a (stupid) controversy about being "unpatriotic" despite showing the American flag onscreen like a hundred times, including on the moon. So I fully expect Fly Me to the Moon to face similar heat (if not more) sight unseen because some people take movies about the space program very seriously and American culture is even more polarized and on a hair trigger now compared to 2018...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

First Man faced a (stupid) controversy about being "unpatriotic" despite showing the American flag onscreen like a hundred times, including on the moon. So I fully expect Fly Me to the Moon to face similar heat (if not more) sight unseen because some people take movies about the space program very seriously and American culture is even more polarized and on a hair trigger now compared to 2018...

It is just that a lot of people fascinated by the space program..the movie'sprime audience...hate the "Moon Landing Is Faked" crap with a passion.

Edited by dudalb

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

It is just that a lot of people fascinated by the space program..the movie'sprime audience...hate the "Moon Landing Is Faked" crap with a passion.

I haven't seen the movie but doubt it will actually show the moon landing was faked. It would be something if this movie ends up annoying both sides: repelling space fans who are turned off by even the suggestion of fakery and avoid seeing it in the first place, plus if the actual movie is like, "Of course the moon landing happened!"  the conspiracy theorists hoping to see the "hoax" exposed will leave mad at the bait and switch.

7 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I haven't seen the movie but doubt it will actually show the moon landing was faked. It would be something if this movie ends up annoying both sides: repelling space fans who are turned off by even the suggestion of fakery and avoid seeing it in the first place, plus if the actual movie is like, "Of course the moon landing happened!"  the conspiracy theorists hoping to see the "hoax" exposed will leave mad at the bait and switch.

Luckil;y the Moon Hoaxers make a lot of noise but are few in number.