AniNate

Better Man | Robbie Williams biopic from Greatest Showman director | Award run 12/25/2024, wide 01/17/2025

Robbie Williams musical Better Man Paramount Michael Gracey directing (deadline.com)

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has stepped up for a $25 million commitment for North American theatrical rights to Better Man, a fantastical original musical directed by Michael Gracey, helmer of the blockbuster musical The Greatest Showman. The film is about the unlikely rise of celebrated singer/songwriter Robbie Williams.

Edited by AniNate

"From the visionary director of The Greatest Showman"

Yeah. Sure. Okay.

Anyways, this and that Pharell Lego movie, at least sight unseen, has only further emphasized that just because you add a weird angle for the sake of being weird, that doesn't mean music biopics are still the most stale and uninteresting genre of film out there. If anything, it just makes things seem more desperate.

Hmm. I thought Robbie was only known here in the UK tbh.

I think the only appeal about a biopic of him is how hot he looked in the 90’s and 00’s. So to make him a ….. monkey defeats any interest I might’ve mustered lol. 

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm. I thought Robbie was only known here in the UK tbh.

More or less true, he's actually been living in the US because most people here can't pick him out in a crowd. I feel like the monkey decision was a way to ensure he could still do that.

The idea would seem a lot more interesting imo if it were literally any animal besides that one, especially since we've already had two CGI ape movies this year.

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

This is one surprising pivot for the Planet of the Apes franchise.

Ceaser doesn’t cares about his fellow apes anymore. He’s embraced the “Fuck Bitches, Get Bananas” life now.