DESPICABLE ME IV | 224.4M overseas | 434.5M worldwide

Great hold for DM4 despite D&W :

Comparaison Minions 2 with DM4

Minions 2 :                 DM4 :

202                            229

400                            438

532                            574

640                            677

The good thing is it plays like Minions 2 which is a very good point . The Only issue is Minions 2 don't open yet in China which isn't the case for DM4. I think 900M Total is the good target now.

• Like 1

Rise of Gru at the exact same point in its release:

342m overseas (with 1 extra week in both UK and Germany and without China) and 298m domestic

Adding China: 342 + 30.4 = 372.4m overseas

DM4 is at 386.7m overseas at the same point but with 1 less week in UK and Germany

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Japan number is huge. Probably headed up for 500m from existing markets plus Italy. 515m finish? Plus 350m domestic for 865m finish. Are there any other market left for it to go higher?

The WOM in Japan was good the same as Minions 2 and this last movie had great legs , if i remember well. 72M overseas with only -17% drop this week. With -35% drop and around 10-15 millions in Italy, I think more 530-540M total. and no Market left or very important.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

The WOM in Japan was good the same as Minions 2 and this last movie had great legs , if i remember well. 72M overseas with only -17% drop this week. With -35% drop and around 10-15 millions in Italy, I think more 530-540M total. and no Market left or very important.

Japan has to be taken out as Obon would juice up legs big time. Rest of the market legs we can predict. 530-540m makes sense. 

21 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Great hold , again only -28% drop this week. Probably around 550M overseas Total.

To compare with Minions 2 :

25,4 Weekend (-36%) ; 390M Overseas ; 710,4M Global (+70M) .

Globally the movie performs like Minions 2

Rise of Gru at the same point: 390m overseas but without China and with one extra week in Germany and UK

Adding China at same point for Rise of Gru (33m) = 423m overseas (with one extra week in Germany and UK)

DM4 at same point: 438.5m ( but with one less week in Germany and UK than Rise of Gru)

Edited by WayneBorg
  • Like 3

Overall, the overseas performance is above both Minions: The Rise of Gru and DM3 at the same point (excluding China). Italy has yet to release.

The international drop was just 29% while individual markets saw strong holds (and some uptick on certain days). Japan dipped just 32% against the opening of Inside Out 2, China was off 20%, Spain (-26%), Netherlands (-15%) and Korea (-21%).

ITALY - Previews (Aug 7)

€1.1m / 156k adm 

465 cinemas 

Real OD will be on Aug 21, we only had an anticipated preview of one day in selected cinemas and summer arenas.

Edited by Zamor
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Rise of Gru at the same point in time:

757.8m WW including 423.3m overseas (but without China and with 1 extra week of run in Germany and the UK)

Adding China (34.7m): 792.5m WW including 458m overseas (but that total still includes 1 extra week in UK and Germany)

DM4 at same point in time (with 1 less week of run in UK and Germany): 807.2m WW and 477.1m overseas

• Like 2

Rise of Gru at the same point in release:

446.7m internationally and 790.4m worldwide (with one extra week of run in Germany and the UK) and without China. It had a 10.8m international weekend on the same week of run (without China) + 5m domestic weekend = 15.8m global weekend.

Adding China: (34.7m) = 481.4m internationally and 825m worldwide (but with one extra week of run in UK and Germany than DM4).

DM4 at the same point in run: 507m internationally and 847.4m worldwide (but with one less week of run in UK and Germany than Rise of Gru). It had a 14.7m international weekend + 6m domestic weekend = 20.7m global weekend.

Edited by WayneBorg
  • Like 3

'Despicable Me 4's' English-language version received a wide release (80 screens) in Greece this weekend, while the Greek-dubbed version will be released next weekend. It sold 12,561 admissions from Thursday to Sunday. The only other possible comp is 'Minions: The Rise of Gru', which sold 16,084 admissions exactly two years ago (from 83 screens). Not much one can deduce from these numbers though. We'll wait for next weekend's numbers to get a better idea of where it's headed.

• Like 3

Seems like Italy have a chance to debut a 7M strong opening weekend (with some previews though) and China will drop only 20% this weekend, China+Italy might outgross 30M than Minions 2 which put DM4 to 600M OS if other markets stay flat.

I think it is safe to say that 950M WW is locked.

• Like 1