Porthos

Dune 2 Opening Weekend Thread [3/01/24 -3/03/24] [82.5m DOM OW]

14 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If this finishes at $275M domestic (ish) then we ALL need to praise @keysersoze123 who said $80M OW and $275M total before tickets even went on sale; he was COMPLETELY correct 

8i0yn3.jpg

• Haha 18

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Why does BOT hate it when you praise people for correct predictions?

I wouldn't take it personally, but I would say you sometimes can be a.... hmmm... Tiny bit exuberant when it comes to recognizing when folks have made some accurate prognostications.  

Like, giving props is a good thing!  But it's a fine line between excitedly giving props and being somewhat OTT about it.

Like I said, nothing really wrong with it.  But, well, BOT is known for being a bit freewheeling at times, and part of that is give and take between members.  Do have to make sure it never strays into personal attacks, or drags threads too far off topic, naturally.

I don't know if I'd go as far to say "it's a part of our charm", but it def is part of board culture, going back literally over a decade. 

• Like 1

Ok fair enough sometimes I kinda just do it as a joke but yeah I get too moronic about it sometimes 

And also, on the topic of Legion Again, I feel like he's really "accurate" because he's always honest about results. He over-estimates Marvel movies a lot (they've been overperforming a shit ton) but if they don't match his expectations he'll admit the results are underwhelming or bad instead of trying to backtrack and go "well these bad results are actually good because of xyz"

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Ok fair enough sometimes I kinda just do it as a joke but yeah I get too moronic about it sometimes 

It's fine, really!   It'd be boring if everyone around here had the same excitement level about things. 

Just, like I said, "give and take" is pretty deeply engrained into this board culture.  As are loooooooooooong running jokes about posting habits/subjects.

Hell, my own self-chosen subtitle ("Resident Star Wars Shill and Apologist") is a (slightly-)self mocking dig/realization that I can be slightly more forgiving about various Star Wars subjects than others 'round here.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It's fine, really!   It'd be boring if everyone around here had the same excitement level about things. 

Just, like I said, "give and take" is pretty deeply engrained into this board culture.  As are loooooooooooong running jokes about posting habits/subjects.

Hell, my own self-chosen subtitle ("Resident Star Wars Shill and Apologist") is a (slightly-)self mocking dig/realization that I can be slightly more forgiving about various Star Wars subjects than others 'round here.

Speaking of which I remember one time you made a literal perfect analogy about how NWH was TFA, MoM was TLJ, and Quantumania was TROS. From great reception to divisive reception to garbage reception. (Though I would personally put Thor 4 also as TROS) 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Dune isn't a comic book movie

Dune should have better legs than The Baman for that reason. Also people were still hesitant at going to theaters in 2022 because of Covid fears.