Eric Deetz

Longlegs | Neon | Nicolas Cage horror movie | July 12, 2024

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

BOOOOOOOOOOO

What's it really of

Not sure but the posters on display are for Logan and Wonder Woman so i’d assume it was some event within Q1-2 of 2017

This one was quite good, much better than what I thought!

Very curious about the CinemaScore. I could easily see this movie getting a C /D CinemaScore. However, it was a very well made movie with great acting. Nicolas Cage is amazing!

• Like 1

Really REALLY hoping this indeed opens with 22-23M 

Love Cage but Maika really deserves a big hit for her, her work in It Follows and Watcher is so so great. 

I hope she can get a strike of critically acclaimed and succesful movies back to back with Longlegs and They Follow

Her being recast as Mae Whitman's character in ID: Resurgence I think was an unfortunate mark on her resume both professionally and socially. She is a good actress, that just wasn't the best move for her career.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I remember her getting a lot of hype as an indie it girl a decade ago after The Guest/It Follows but it's been a while since I've seen her. Good for her if this hits.

Emmerich almost destroyed her career, it might be her chance to recover.

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I remember her getting a lot of hype as an indie it girl a decade ago after The Guest/It Follows but it's been a while since I've seen her. Good for her if this hits.

If you like horror / suspense, i strongly recommend Watcher, is from last year, made a succesful tour in festivals and it’s now on Hulu.

It’s a delightful Hitchcockian thriller and she’s great in it.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

If you like horror / suspense, i strongly recommend Watcher, is from last year, made a succesful tour in festivals and it’s now on Hulu.

Indeed this is a great little film. Highly recommend it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Hot take, I think Watcher is a better film than It Follows (which I never really liked). 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

I really wish I started an over 100M domestic club for this. Longlegs is starting to blow up on social media and by the looks of it presales are selling gangbusters. Even with a mediocre cinemascore I think it's gonna have enough people disturbed by it to talk about it and give it long legs (lmao). Hereditary had pretty good holds despite having a D+ Cinemascore so it's very possible. 

For now, its Audience Score ( verified ) on RT is at 67%, while the All Audience is at 80%, though based on less than 50 users.

That's actually not bad at all. It's probably not getting a D CinemaScore, but probably something in the C range, which seems ok for this kind of flick. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

Top critics ended up liking the movie more than the regular ones, which is kinda expect but still always funny when it happens because top critics are almost always harder to please.

87% at RT with 143 reviews (7.6 average)

92% with top critics (7.9 average) 

78/100 on MC (45 reviews), very strong for horror there.

Should finish around this, great reception. Now let’s see the CS, i think it’ll be fine with a B- / C+

Edited by ThomasNicole