kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [May 06 - May 09, 2024] | Thu | 1.52M THE FALL GUY | 0.90M CHALLENGERS | 0.45M TAROT | 0.35M SW: EP I - TPM

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Wonder how the MCU ones will do... my bet is better than Amazing but below Raimi.

I'm guessing the newer ones won't be nearly as popular since there's a whole generation now that didn't get to experience the Maguire trilogy on the big screen when they were brand new movies. Still think it was a mistake to not give those movies a similar rollout to the OG Star Wars trilogy re-release in Q1 1997 - the Garfield duo being the redheaded stepchildren of Spidey's big screen legacy and the Holland series being ongoing would've made them better off as one night only events.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

Wonder how the MCU ones will do... my bet is better than Amazing but below Raimi.

Below all of the old ones because the new generation as seen them in theaters and they don't have neither the curiosity factor (Garfield) or the classic status (Raimi trilogy).

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Below all of the old ones because the new generation as seen them in theaters and they don't have neither the curiosity factor (Garfield) or the classic status (Raimi trilogy).

Why does Garfield's Spider-Man get the curiosity factor?

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Because nobody saw them in theaters and they got a few new people interested thanks to NWH.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The second and last of Garfield's movies just turned 10. Naturally, there's an audience that didn't get the chance to see them in theaters in either.

1 hour ago, Unfitclock said:

That seems really weak considering most of the audience is over 25

Well, most of the audience being over 25 hints this movie has a limited appeal. So, it wouldn't be weird the legs are relatively weak.

Honestly, I feel good WoM spreads more easily amount a young audience.

Well Shit that Monday for the Fall Guy does not indicate legs are going to be great. People are just not interested in this movie enough to see it in a theater. Making about the same as Civil War did on it's first Monday not great. That did not have a potential 50 m+ opener in it's second weekend and lose all it's PLF's.  The drop could be brutal unless Mother's Day does help it a little. Oh well I enjoyed the movie. Glad it was made. Not much else to say at this point. Feel like I am saying that about more and more movies. 

It's a fine hold for a PG-13 action movie. Exact same as that of Guardians 3 last year. Which, yes, was not facing a big opener in its second weekend, but still.

• Like 1