I might give up on it now. I watched chunks of this episode at 1.5x normal speed."First it was “is he or isn’t he” a spy? Then it was, “will he or won’t he” perpetrate an act of terrorism on the United States? A quarter of that was Carrie having screwed up feelings about Brody because, well, Carrie is screwed up."This is it. This is what made the first season so great. All the ambiguity. They kept you guessing to the final episode. This season reached a peak with the interrogation scene and its been all down hill since then. Now we know Brody is a fucked up terrorist and Carrie is a diminished character with her fucked up obsession for him. Fuck, Brody. Why won't you just die?

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3

I get what you guys mean. The lovey dovey scenes with Carrie/Brody at the start were pretty dull, Quinn having a sudden change of heart like seconds before he was gonna kill Brody was dumb. And weren't any CIA guys suspicious when they saw Brody's car being moved right next to where the memorial service was? Ugh... when are Mad Men and Breaking Bad back on?

I might give up on it now. I watched chunks of this episode at 1.5x normal speed."First it was “is he or isn’t he” a spy? Then it was, “will he or won’t he” perpetrate an act of terrorism on the United States? A quarter of that was Carrie having screwed up feelings about Brody because, well, Carrie is screwed up."This is it. This is what made the first season so great. All the ambiguity. They kept you guessing to the final episode. This season reached a peak with the interrogation scene and its been all down hill since then. Now we know Brody is a fucked up terrorist and Carrie is a diminished character with her fucked up obsession for him.Fuck, Brody. Why won't you just die?

this !

Yeah, is it just me or is this show really.fucking.stupid. now? My eyes almost rolled out of their sockets last night. It's entertaining but entertaining never made the show great, it was intelligence.

same here.This show is getting stupid, and annoying (the love stroyline). It got lost. Getting too soap opera.The show was supposed to be about defeating terrorist attacks, spying, not fucking love triangle.
  • Like 1

I get what you guys mean. The lovey dovey scenes with Carrie/Brody at the start were pretty dull, Quinn having a sudden change of heart like seconds before he was gonna kill Brody was dumb. And weren't any CIA guys suspicious when they saw Brody's car being moved right next to where the memorial service was? Ugh... when are Mad Men and Breaking Bad back on?

Quinn didnt kill Brody because he loves Carrie and doesnt want her to get broken.

I might give up on it now. I watched chunks of this episode at 1.5x normal speed."First it was “is he or isn’t he” a spy? Then it was, “will he or won’t he” perpetrate an act of terrorism on the United States? A quarter of that was Carrie having screwed up feelings about Brody because, well, Carrie is screwed up."This is it. This is what made the first season so great. All the ambiguity. They kept you guessing to the final episode. This season reached a peak with the interrogation scene and its been all down hill since then. Now we know Brody is a fucked up terrorist and Carrie is a diminished character with her fucked up obsession for him.Fuck, Brody. Why won't you just die?

This, a million times, THIS.I cannot believe that Quinn- a hardened CIA hitman- would not pull the trigger. Fuck that. Because Damien Lewis won an Emmy? Grow some balls. So, so, stupid. And then Carrie helps him leave the country... literally drives him to the border... is that a joke??!?? Her character is ruined. They've turned her into a cock-hungry idiot who puts her personal life above her job when that is a complete 180 from how we were introduced to her.
  • Like 2

Moral of the finale: If you're ordered to ice a fucking terrorist, ICE THE FUCKING TERRORIST!Quinn's sudden change of heart made no sense and it becomes even more glaring when it became easily clear that if Quinn had iced Brody then the massive CIA bomb attack would not have happened.My hope for Season 3: Carrie spends 12 episodes trying to clear Brody's name for the CIA attack and does BUT during that same time good ol' Galvez does some old-fashioned detective work and figures out Brody is responsible for Walden's death and brings that info to Saul who has a change of heart and tells Quinn to cap Brody's ass and Quinn does so. Then, while Carrie has her teary psychological breakdown, Saul, Quinn, and Galvez do a chicken-dance in a circle around her while shouting "fuck you bitch!"

• Like 1

Took from the comment section of AV Club's Homeland review.

And now, the Homeland Season 3 Premiere, Titled "The Turban With A Motherfucker"The Dexter preview for Season 8, Episode 2 runs long by 20 minutes. When we arrive in Homeland, we are in the middle of a tense scene in which Chris is arguing with Jess over whether or not Facebook is safe for kids.Jess: "No, Facebook is not safe! You fucking moron, go choke on your Cheerios."(Chris slams the door to his room)Jess: "And you can just die, for all I care!"Meanwhile, Saul is still staring at Carrie, who is staring at Saul's beard, which is looking sexy as hell. Carrie starts salivating, and Saul starts walking slowly toward Carrie. This long, tense walk eats up another 10 minutes of the running time, and by the time they get to each other, Carrie has died.Estes is revealed to be alive, hiding in Mike's sock drawer. Mike lets him go, and they start doing pilates together. They have a long, heartfelt conversation that goes something like:Estes: Thanks, Mike. Thanks for saving me.Mike: Well, you know how it is. We do things for the people we care about.Estes: Yes. You..care about me?Mike: Yeah, I always have. From the first day I saw you.Estes: Really? (hint of a smile)Mike: Yeah, and I've thought about you every day.Estes: Holy fuck, let's do this.And so begins the beautiful relationship of Mike and Estes.At this moment, we cut away from them, causing viewers to cry out in anguish and cancel their Showtime subscriptions.We return to Jess, who recruits Dana to help her kill Chris. Chris is hiding in his closet, stuffing cereal into his stupid mouth, when Dana kicks down the door to his room and knocks Chris out. Jess confiscates Chris's clothes, and Dana, looking at his naked body, realizes that he is in fact a cephalopod sent by Heisenberg to destroy all of mankind. Dana starts blabbering on about how that one time, she met a cephalopod at a Wal-Mart, and how she's too young to remember Richard Nixon, and how she hates puberty. Jess gets angry and has another affair.Cut to Brody, who is walking solemnly along the side of the road. He meets a family of four.Kid 1: Dad, Dad, there's a person there!Dad: Shut up. (Pulls Over). Hey, you're Nick Brody!Brody: Yeah, can you help me get out of the country?Kid 2: Why can't I use diapers anymore.Mom: Honey, I don't think we should trust him.Dad: That's okay, it's only our kids with us. Nothing important.Brody: Thank you, you don't know how much this means to me.Dad: I don't.Brody: Well, that's more of a saying, you moron. You didn't need to answer it.Kid 1: How does intercourse work these days?Saul, who has turned into a beard, discards his human body in a dumpster. He heads to an Internet cafe, finishes typing up his autobiography, and orders a cup of coffee. He then reveals to a frightened cashier that he was behind the bombing at the CIA. He walks out of the cafe like a boss, and promptly gets hit by a car. But he's OK, because he's Saul. Back at the Brody household, Dana is slapping Chris so hard he's crying like the little bitch he is.Brody is taken to the airport, where he is promptly arrested.Quinn is wandering the streets without pants on. He meets a turban, laying on the side of the road. There is a motherfucker in it.Carrie is dead.Jazz music is playing.Estes and Mike are getting it on.However, just as everything is winding down, Brody is revealed to actually be Chris. The viewers look on in horror, wondering what is up with this world that fucking Chris would win an Emmy. They hurl insults, and objects, at their screens, and everyone misses the ending.As Chris is being taken into custody, the "Chris that Dana is slapping" suddenly turns into ash, entering Dana's body and turning her into Quinn. Quinn becomes a rock, and Chris is blown to pieces by the dead Carrie. Saul gets hit by another car, and the CIA merges with the FBI. Mike doesn't use a condom, and he becomes Estes. Estes dies. Estes also lives. We all live. The world is blown to pieces. Saul becomes ruler. We love Saul. Beard. BEARD. BEARD. BEARD

• Like 2

Took from the comment section of AV Club's Homeland review.

And now, the Homeland Season 3 Premiere, Titled "The Turban With A Motherfucker"The Dexter preview for Season 8, Episode 2 runs long by 20 minutes. When we arrive in Homeland, we are in the middle of a tense scene in which Chris is arguing with Jess over whether or not Facebook is safe for kids.Jess: "No, Facebook is not safe! You fucking moron, go choke on your Cheerios."(Chris slams the door to his room)Jess: "And you can just die, for all I care!"Meanwhile, Saul is still staring at Carrie, who is staring at Saul's beard, which is looking sexy as hell. Carrie starts salivating, and Saul starts walking slowly toward Carrie. This long, tense walk eats up another 10 minutes of the running time, and by the time they get to each other, Carrie has died.Estes is revealed to be alive, hiding in Mike's sock drawer. Mike lets him go, and they start doing pilates together. They have a long, heartfelt conversation that goes something like:Estes: Thanks, Mike. Thanks for saving me.Mike: Well, you know how it is. We do things for the people we care about.Estes: Yes. You..care about me?Mike: Yeah, I always have. From the first day I saw you.Estes: Really? (hint of a smile)Mike: Yeah, and I've thought about you every day.Estes: Holy fuck, let's do this.And so begins the beautiful relationship of Mike and Estes.At this moment, we cut away from them, causing viewers to cry out in anguish and cancel their Showtime subscriptions.We return to Jess, who recruits Dana to help her kill Chris. Chris is hiding in his closet, stuffing cereal into his stupid mouth, when Dana kicks down the door to his room and knocks Chris out. Jess confiscates Chris's clothes, and Dana, looking at his naked body, realizes that he is in fact a cephalopod sent by Heisenberg to destroy all of mankind. Dana starts blabbering on about how that one time, she met a cephalopod at a Wal-Mart, and how she's too young to remember Richard Nixon, and how she hates puberty. Jess gets angry and has another affair.Cut to Brody, who is walking solemnly along the side of the road. He meets a family of four.Kid 1: Dad, Dad, there's a person there!Dad: Shut up. (Pulls Over). Hey, you're Nick Brody!Brody: Yeah, can you help me get out of the country?Kid 2: Why can't I use diapers anymore.Mom: Honey, I don't think we should trust him.Dad: That's okay, it's only our kids with us. Nothing important.Brody: Thank you, you don't know how much this means to me.Dad: I don't.Brody: Well, that's more of a saying, you moron. You didn't need to answer it.Kid 1: How does intercourse work these days?Saul, who has turned into a beard, discards his human body in a dumpster. He heads to an Internet cafe, finishes typing up his autobiography, and orders a cup of coffee. He then reveals to a frightened cashier that he was behind the bombing at the CIA. He walks out of the cafe like a boss, and promptly gets hit by a car. But he's OK, because he's Saul.Back at the Brody household, Dana is slapping Chris so hard he's crying like the little bitch he is.Brody is taken to the airport, where he is promptly arrested.Quinn is wandering the streets without pants on. He meets a turban, laying on the side of the road. There is a motherfucker in it.Carrie is dead.Jazz music is playing.Estes and Mike are getting it on.However, just as everything is winding down, Brody is revealed to actually be Chris. The viewers look on in horror, wondering what is up with this world that fucking Chris would win an Emmy. They hurl insults, and objects, at their screens, and everyone misses the ending.As Chris is being taken into custody, the "Chris that Dana is slapping" suddenly turns into ash, entering Dana's body and turning her into Quinn. Quinn becomes a rock, and Chris is blown to pieces by the dead Carrie. Saul gets hit by another car, and the CIA merges with the FBI. Mike doesn't use a condom, and he becomes Estes. Estes dies. Estes also lives. We all live. The world is blown to pieces. Saul becomes ruler. We love Saul. Beard. BEARD. BEARD. BEARD

Like? ... I think?