Because the show has alluded several times to there possibly being a mole in the CIA, I'm starting to think that Season 2 could end with them thinking they've neutralized the threat but then something happens that definitiely brings the mole issue front and center and Season 3 focuses on the molehunt.

• Community Manager

But suffice to say, there is no fucking way Damien Lewis returns next season. I can't see any way he doesn't end up dead or indefinitely confined to Guantanamo or Leavenworth.

You forget that this show is completely fucking with your expectations.(I do see an alternative where they convince Brody to act as a double agent)

Remember Saul kept putting off the lie detector test, and it even showed he was lying when the guy asked him if he gave the razor blade. The idiot assumed Saul was just nervous.

Hm.... Then why show Carrie and Estes the confession? I don't know. Having Saul be the mole would be nuts... beyond reality threshold nuts...

If Saul is the mole, then he was the one who told the reporter to tell Brody the combination to Estes' safe, and then proceeded to burn Brody as Nazir's agent inside the government by showing the video to Carrie and Estes.If he was the mole, he would have destroyed the video the moment he found it.

Why did he lie about the blade then? It is getting harder and harder to believe Saul is the mole, but he so obviously gave him the blade.

Except he didn't lie. The show gives us no moment where Saul could have slipped the guy the blade, whereas there is the incredibly blatant staged fight by Brody.Remember that Saul had a terrible night beforehand and he was in a funk the entire interview session. It was skewing every answer he gave (remember how he went round and round on answering if he was married?) Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Hmm... I mean he was in a bad mood, thats true. The show runners were making it seem like he gave the razor though, you guys didn't get that vibe? They played the thrilling music and everything... He walked out of it too... And postponed it!Idk, it just seemed like they wanted us to think he was the one who gave the blade.

• Community Manager

Hmm... I mean he was in a bad mood, thats true. The show runners were making it seem like he gave the razor though, you guys didn't get that vibe? They played the thrilling music and everything... He walked out of it too... And postponed it!Idk, it just seemed like they wanted us to think he was the one who gave the blade.

You're not alone in your theory. We don't know for sure if Brody had slipped him the razor or if it was somebody else but I think we can now rule out Saul. The scene definably did set up that idea that Saul might have done it and I imagine that's because the writers hadn't decided whether he was a mole or not. I guess they decided against it. Edited by Water Bottle

I agree. There would be no logic to Saul being the mole. The mole has to be someone in the CIA who has had a regular but not important role. The only character who really fits that description is Danny Galvez. Even though the muslim character being the mole would be a bit obvious.

Here's a question about the show, don't the Brody's have a son? Has he been even mentioned or seen? And if so have I missed it?

Yeah, he showed up briefly in the latest episode, but I think that's like the only time we've seen him. He's been busy hacking into the CIA and sending information to Abu Nazir.

• Community Manager

Yeah, he showed up briefly in the latest episode, but I think that's like the only time we've seen him. He's been busy hacking into the CIA and sending information to Abu Nazir.

For the record, the son isn't the one helping the terrorists. ;)(I think the son also appeared in the season premiere)

The son has joined the support group for 24 characters who abruptly disappeared from that show for no reason and were never heard from again.