I really have no clue what they're going to try next season, regardless of Brody's fate in the next episode.Homeland may indeed be the smartest and dumbest show on television.

Ironic, since the sneak for next week's episode features Saul calling Carrie "both the smartest and stupidest person" he knows. Or maybe not ironic.Chris is hysterically ignorant.
  • Like 1

Some critics have suggested that Homeland's best chance to keep going is to semi-reboot each season a la 24, with a new threat/scenario each season rather than trying to craft some mega-long narrative arc. That way the show's long-term progression is focused more on characters rather than plot and it also allows for new faces each season (as well as making it more acceptable to off long-standing characters on occasion).

Hmm the way the body was prepared for the funeral scene the person was a muslim. Also, I dislike terrorists but even I would find the idea of killing Brody a bit extreme.Of course he killed the Vice President but I think that is going to be something no one ever finds out about....Killing Brody has some sort of other purpose by the Director, likley to cover up his airstrike attack...

Edited by Lordmandeep

'Homeland': Farewell To Greatness

I agree with this:

What Homeland did accomplish in 70 minutes is hammer home the kind of show it will be going forward, which wasn’t what attracted most people to it in the first place. Homeland is now a full-blown love story between Brody (Damian Lewis) and Carrie (Claire Danes), a kind of "spy who loves me even if I’m crazy and maybe he’s reformed" kind of thing.

That’s not the show I’m really interested in watching. Primarily because, in the second season, I just never bought the Carrie-Brody connection. I never felt it. Probably becasue it made such little sense. Listen, Brody and Carrie playing a game of cat-and-mouse between spy and agent? Sure, that’s good. And this, apparently, is where Homeland has been heading all along. Now, I had always believed – and most of the people I’ve heard from believed – that Homeland worked best as a spy thriller. Had anyone said, “Oh, by the way, it’ll turn into a love story between these two” then I wouldn’t have invested the time.

My worry for Homeland is that it’s now precisely where the creators and Showtime want it to be – the spy who loved me and the intricacies of making our doomed love ever find peace and happiness. I’m utterly convinced, from talks with people near the show, that this was the long term plan.

Unfortunately, what mucks the whole thing up is that setting the stage to get there was what made Homeland a great show. Having those two at odds – the cat and the mouse – was what moved Homeland. First it was “is he or isn’t he” a spy? Then it was, “will he or won’t he” perpetrate an act of terrorism on the United States? A quarter of that was Carrie having screwed up feelings about Brody because, well, Carrie is screwed up.

The show is becoming too unrealistic. I mean, Carrie, why love the fucking disturbing Brody ? Find a decent guy.on one hand, Carrie got too attached to her spy job, on the other, she also got too attached to that asshole.I dont want a show about the unformtable love story between a too absorbed CIA agent and a fucking disgusting double spy !!

Edited by firedeep