Wow I'm surprised at all the negativity in here. I just binge-watched the season so far last night, and yes, the Brody family is entirelly useless and needs to GTFO (Dana especially- annoying, whiny, and ugly to boot). Other than that though I think this season has been pretty fantasitc... all the stuff with Carrie and Saul is great and I don't think it's gone off the rails like last season. Not sure how I felt about that "Brody episode", kinda boring and I hope they will just kill him and his family off or arrest him.

• Like 2

Yep, just watched last week's episode, I knew something was different and now I realize what it was. I didn't see any of those douchebags in the preview for tonight's episode so fingers crossed that we get two in a row.

Also I was gonna say Rupert Friend deserves some recognition for his performance and now found out he got an Emmy nod last year. Good on him, hope he gets another one this year.

Edited by aDIM

She has got an unhealthy obsession with Brody that affects her job. I wonder if most of the general audience also cheered when she got capped.

Also, am I getting this right, Carrie is pregnant by Brody? How is that posssible? I thought this season started something like six months after Season 2 ended.

It's March, 3 months after the end of season 2, in the show, I think.

Good piece about last night's episode (and the show, in general).

People change. Carrie’s priority was once America’s safety. It is now her on-the-lam-terrorist baby daddy. The people who write Carrie continue to believe that this Carrie, the love-struck, star-crossed Carrie, is the most compelling, interesting, resonant Carrie. I disagree. I want the old Carrie back, the one who would have had an abortion and then gone back to desperately trying to make the world a safer place in her own crazy way. I guess this means, all well-intentioned apathy aside, that I still wish Homeland would get back on the right side of the looking glass.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2013/11/homeland_recap_saul_and_carrie_face_off_in_red_wheelbarrow.html

I agree, the writers have really ruined Carrie.

Edited by aDIM

Good piece about last night's episode (and the show, in general).

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2013/11/homeland_recap_saul_and_carrie_face_off_in_red_wheelbarrow.html

I agree, the writers have really ruined Carrie.

I'm guessing the writer didn't bother to watch the promo for next week at the end of the episode, because that promo killed half of the assumptions he spouted off.

I'm guessing the writer didn't bother to watch the promo for next week at the end of the episode, because that promo killed half of the assumptions he spouted off.

The stuff about Saul wanting to hang up Brody regardless? Maybe, but some clips of Brody in training doesn't necessarily mean Saul is going to give him immunity.

The stuff about Saul wanting to hang up Brody regardless? Maybe, but some clips of Brody in training doesn't necessarily mean Saul is going to give him immunity.

I'm pretty sure Saul has no intention of bringing Brody in for a show trial. I'm thinking he is going to force Brody into some form of suicide mission and probably ensure Brody doesn't come out.

A show trial is a short-term political victory. If Saul cared about those he would have sucked up to the Senator. No, Saul is planning long-term and Brody is likely going to be used as a pawn in an early stage of his plan and then discarded. Which is funny since Saul was a bit pissed about the plan to kill Brody (by Estes and Quinn) at the end of last season. Saul is thinking bigger than a superficial cleaning of the CIA's image, which is all a show trial is good for.