budice

Weekdays Thread (5/20-24)

11 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Just noticed Box Office Mojo is way off for Dune Part 2. It's showing the domestic and overseas grosses to be identical at $429.7M domestic and $429.7M overseas. Actual domestic gross is less than $285M. The crappy thing is Wikipedia seems to rely on Box Office Mojo, but that probably should not be the case at this point. BOM used to be very accurate, but it has gone downhill the last 10 years. 

2024-05-21-18-23-21.jpg

Saw this too. Their calendar is also a mess. They still have BALLERINA coming out this June, but no JOKER II and MOANA II [which they thought was the live-action one] in October and November respectively. They even have INCREDIBLES III dated for September 6 this year. An absolute mess, really.

:hahaha:

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Kinda weird GxK might miss 200. Its holds have been great for like 2-3 weeks now. Would like to see it do like 1.3 this weekend. 

Edited by Cookson
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Saw this too. Their calendar is also a mess. They still have BALLERINA coming out this June, but no JOKER II and MOANA II [which they thought was the live-action one] in October and November respectively. They even have INCREDIBLES III dated for September 6 this year. An absolute mess, really.

:hahaha:

There was a good like half a year where they added preview numbers twice to every single opening day of every major release and didn't correct it until the full weekend numbers came out. Half a year and nobody thought to stop doing that maybe.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Killimano3 said:

There was a good like half a year where they added preview numbers twice to every single opening day of every major release and didn't correct it until the full weekend numbers came out. Half a year and nobody thought to stop doing that maybe.

This is what they say they are on x: "The leading online box office reporting and analysis service." :whosad:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

Kinda weird GxK might miss 200. Its holds have been great for like 2-3 weeks now. Would like to see it do like 1.3 this weekend. 

With this being a holiday weekend and WB having another movie coming out where they can just shift money around between the two movies it should have a good hold and next weekend having no wide releases it will get close.

I'm extremely fascinated by IF. I haven't seen the film yet, but based on how polarizing the film is, I really want to.

Also, I keep seeing people use the underperformance of the film as proof no one really likes it, but isn't it also the second highest original opening since the pandemic?

I'm genuinely confused why both IF and The Fall Guy are part of some weird culture war on films.

• Disbelief 1