baumer

Tues Numbers ERC

Also, today's the first that that THG has beaten DH2 on a weekday!

Actually, it's the fourth time (or the second time, if you don't count Easter Thursday/Monday). First time would be Thursday, Apr. 12.Edit: blackspider beat me by a few seconds. :) Edited by Crake

Edit: blackspider beat me by a few seconds. :)

:PWhat do you guys think its chances are that it stays above 1m today? It needs less than a 13% drop. Pretty tough but its Tuesday increase is less than most other movies so hopefully its drop will be more balanced as well.

So it looks like THG will make around 18.7M for its 5th week, give or take 0.1M (I prefer doing weeks instead of weekends).

That's around a 30% week-to-week drop (the previous two week-to-week drops were around 42%). With the IMAX re-release, I think another 30% drop for the upcoming week is reasonable.

Scenario 1: So if we extrapolate this forward (30% week-to-week drops from here on out), then it'll hit 400M some time during the 12th week and close around 405M.

Scenario 2: If we make the TA opening week drop 40% (but keep all other weekly drops at 30%), then it'll hit 400M after week 18 and close just a wee bit over 400M.

Scenario 3: If we make the TA opening week drop 40% and make all subsequent drops 35%, then it'll close a bit under 397M.

Scenario 4: IMAX doesn't help much, and next week drops 35%. Avengers takes a big bite and THG drops 45% during the TA opening week, and all subsequent drops are 40%. In this case, THG will close around 390M.

I used to be on the 400M-is-too-remote bandwagon, but now...

Edited by Crake

So it looks like THG will make around 18.7M for its 5th week (I prefer doing weeks instead of weekends), give or take 0.1M.That's around a 30% week-to-week drop (the previous two week-to-week drops were around 42%).So if we extrapolate this forward (30% week-to-week drops from here on out), then it'll hit 400M some time between weeks 11 and 12 and close aorund 405M.If we make the TA opening week drop 40% (but keep all weekly others at 30%), then it'll hit 400M after week 18 and close just a wee bit over 400M.If we make the TA OW drop 40% and make all subsequent drops 35%, then it'll close a bit under 397M.I used to be on the 400M-is-too-remote bandwagon, but now...

Thank you for this.