Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Β Agreed. 92% RT rating is not tepid by any definition of the word I know.

Β 

I'm sorry, but we can't be using RT anymore for critical reception. Too manky funkos are approved guys, that's why I'm reliant on MC for critical reception.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vafrow said:

It's remarkable how reluctant trades were to predict over $100M even a couple of days ago and we're now watching for $150M.

Β 

I'm wondering how long we need to wait until Ryan Reynolds releases a promo vignette that shows the Inside Out emotions inside his and Jackman's head.Β 

Β 

They must have that set up right?

Might sound crazy, but they did have the Inside Out emotions reacting to Age of Ultron back in the day

Β 

Β 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, vafrow said:

It's remarkable how reluctant trades were to predict over $100M even a couple of days ago and we're now watching for $150M.

Β 

I'm wondering how long we need to wait until Ryan Reynolds releases a promo vignette that shows the Inside Out emotions inside his and Jackman's head.Β 

Β 

They must have that set up right?

Exactly, which is why it speaks volumes that they're putting out the $200M number for D&W already. Their/the studio's internal metrics for interest and anticipation must be sky high on top of the presales data we already have.

8 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Β 

I'm sorry, but we can't be using RT anymore for critical reception. Too manky funkos are approved guys, that's why I'm reliant on MC for critical reception.

You can debate the source, but it is clear that IO2 has not gotten a "tepid" critical reception.

As to box office, I wonder where all the people saying Disney was Dead because they had a bad year are.

Every studio will have the occasional bad year.Β  It is a string of bad years that gets a studio into deep trouble.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Β 

According to MetaCritic Hit Man has a 82 MetaScore with Universal Acclaim and is labeled a β€œMetaCritic must see.” Dune: Part Two has a 79 with β€œGenerally Favorable” reviews and is not a β€œMetaCritic must see.” Hit Man also has 6.8 with just 109 user reviews and Dune: Part Two has a 8.3 with more than 1200.

Β 

MetaCritic has its faults too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonathanMB said:

Went to look at Cinemark showtimes and got this screen, which I've only ever gotten once before, on Barbenheimer weekend. Juggernaut confirmed.Β 

Β 

GQEUGmDXkAA7bFK?format=jpg&name=medium

RΜΆaΜΆlΜΆpΜΆhΜΆ Inside Out 2 Breaks the Internet

• Haha 1

If originals continue to make Elemental numbers and the sequels continue to be hits (ok maybe not as big as this one will be) then Pixar should be fine. WDAS is in more trouble I think despite getting theatrical preference over Pixar.

• Like 2

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

If originals continue to make Elemental numbers and the sequels continue to be hits (ok maybe not as big as this one will be) then Pixar should be fine. WDAS is in more trouble I think despite getting theatrical preference over Pixar.

WDAS will also be fine as they are making Moana 2, Zoo 2 and Frozen 3. All 3 are guaranteed hits for sure πŸ™‚

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

yeah WDAS is in deep deep shit. Zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 and 4 should be hits though. Maybe they have another Encanto up their sleeve.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

WDAS will also be fine as they are making Moana 2, Zoo 2 and Frozen 3. All 3 are guaranteed hits for sure πŸ™‚

Well true I guess I'm still shaking my head at how poorly they fumbled Wish

Just now, cannastop said:

yeah WDAS is in deep deep shit. Zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 and 4 should be hits though. Maybe they have another Encanto up their sleeve.

Moana 2 will do great as well. I am sure Iger wont be worried at the moment.Β 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Well true I guess I'm still shaking my head at how poorly they fumbled Wish

I totally agree. It was lackadaisical effort there. It lacked the "magic" we saw from previous hits. That is more about how the creative team is organized. Something seem to be missing off late. Strange World was also not good.Β 

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Β I feel like they(WDA) have more of a quality problem. (Especially with originals in recent years. But we won't get another original until probably 2027, so they have plenty of time to figure out the next movie) Because I feel like the sequels should still be hits even if they only get Frozen 2/Wreck it Ralph 2 reception (good, not amazing like the first)

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I totally agree. It was lackadaisical effort there. It lacked the "magic" we saw from previous hits. That is more about how the creative team is organized. Something seem to be missing off late. Strange World was also not good.Β 

Just got to wonder if Jennifer Lee is the right person to be in charge. Sure she's been at Disney for over 10 years, but Pete Docter has been at Pixar for 35 years. Pixar just has a deeper bench than WDAS, in terms of leadership.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Just got to wonder if Jennifer Lee is the right person to be in charge. Sure she's been at Disney for over 10 years, but Pete Docter has been at Pixar for 35 years. Pixar just has a deeper bench than WDAS, in terms of leadership.

yeah idk, but who else could replace her?