kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jun 17-20, 2024] | Thursday | 19.63M INSIDE OUT II | 2.85M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

46 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I see, thanks. Hadn't heard of that holiday before. Do you guys have any other bank holidays ("federal holidays"?) mid week? Like Labour Day and Memorial Day are always Mondays

Just July 4th

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

I see, thanks. Hadn't heard of that holiday before. Do you guys have any other bank holidays ("federal holidays"?) mid week? Like Labour Day and Memorial Day are always Mondays

4th of July, Veteran's Day, and Thanksgiving are the other US-specific holidays that are often midweek.

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

4th of July, Veteran's Day, and Thanksgiving are the other US-specific holidays that are often midweek.

Well I'm sure you know Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday, but it's traditionally a more low-key day at the box office than Wednesday or Friday the same week. Presumably because people are more likely to spend Thanksgiving at family gatherings and stay at home. More than Christmas at least.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont know if any number today would be a surprise 🙂 what is the threshold which deserves this meme

Super Troopers Wtf GIF by Searchlight Pictures

$30m. If it hits that, holy moly

• Like 1

What's the age threshold for seeing Inside Out 2? Would 30 be too old to watch a kid's movie?    

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

Today is Juneteenth (recently adopted national holiday) so yesterday essentially played like a Friday with discounted tickets

You peeps getting the day off from work today? 

Just now, Becker said:

What's the age threshold for seeing Inside Out 2? Would 30 be too old to watch a kid's movie?    

You peeps getting the day off from work today? 

I think Pixar gets a pass from nearly everyone tbh, as far as age goes.

Anyways, people who work for government agencies, and white collar people may have the day off today. Of course people who work in the service industry, such as movie theaters, aren't getting anything extra today.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont know if any number today would be a surprise 🙂 what is the threshold which deserves this meme

Super Troopers Wtf GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Anywhere above $25m imho

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Inside Out 2 making it into the top 4 biggest animated movies wasn't on my bingo card.

Anyone else predict this?

I had a feeling it be the biggest film of 2024 as inside out was pixars most liked original film in a long time.

but with how poorly the boxoffice was doing i didnt think it could break out much over 400 million. 

• Like 1

I watched the movie
it's an 8/10.
It's nice to see Pixar again. I hope that with the third film they will have much courage

Best Pixar movie of all time

1)Nemo

2)Wall-E

3)the incredible1(2 not exist)

4)Toystory 3

5)Monster&Co

6)up

7)Ratatouille

8)Toy story 1

9)coco

10)Toy story 2

11)inside out1

12)Inside out 2

ecc ecc

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

So the domestic total for 2024 is only 3.063 billion.

Less than half of 2022 (7.3b) and 2023 (8.9b).

Any chance of 2024 catching up?

Q4 should easily beat last year which was very weak. July/August looks iffy considering how big Barbenheimer was. I dont think DM4 and Deadpool combo can beat that. 

• Like 1

September potentially looks like a big hitter this year. Chances definitely look a lot better post Inside Out

As of now we're trailing the rolling year comp by about $200 mil, possibility we catch up to that either after Deadpool releases or the September tentpoles

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how much could much the ATP is reduced during fridays? I want to know approximately how much that 29M is equivalent in a normal day. To compare opening true friday and yesterday.