cannastop

Weekday Thread June 24-27. Inside Out 2 $11.2m, Bad Boys $1.6m Thursday

1 minute ago, Grand Cine said:

Last week , the monday drop was 74% but with Father's Day effect . Without this i think the drop is the same as this week

I was mainly thinking about this in the context of family movie drops from Sunday. I guess family movies drop less on summer weekdays because kids are out of school but for adults, summer weekdays are more like any other weekday.

• Like 2

We don't have a thread for this movie, but I just found out that Robot Dreams is getting a wide enough release for me to potentially see it in theaters! 90 theaters across US+CAN and it's coming to 4 within reach of me. Perks of living in a big metro area.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

absolutely will not happen. Best you can hope for is 50% of Sunday, or $15.9m. Which is close to $16m, but it's the best case scenario.

Like the best case scenario for the second weekend was 90 million ? Or the best case scenario for opening weekend was 110 million ? Maybe you are right but this movie is behaving different. So 17 million is possible imo.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

absolutely will not happen. Best you can hope for is 50% of Sunday, or $15.9m. Which is close to $16m, but it's the best case scenario.

I was just basing it off the high end average drop from first to second Sat/Sun. Since second Sunday was 80% of the first, I figured a second Monday at 75% of the first is very plausible. 

• Like 1