kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't help but wonder how The Bikeriders would've fared in its original early December spot. Probably even worse since it would've had the stench of "DOA awards bait" attached to it tbh.

It definitely would’ve gotten overshadowed by all the Oscar hopeful films in December. This is kinda a misfire for Focus and a big mistake for New Regency for damaging their relationship with Disney over this film.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Alright, I'm good with this. Thank God it didn't drop below what was being projected yesterday. 

I feel like it will drop a bit from this estimate.

46 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

A movie open to below 10m shouldn’t drop 66% in its second weekend unless it is a total garbage. And the WOM for the movie seem solid enough but here we are. Maybe Covid-19 really killed off too many oldies white. 

No one cares about it. It's just that simple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

It definitely would’ve gotten overshadowed by all the Oscar hopeful films in December. This is kinda a misfire for Focus and a big mistake for New Regency for damaging their relationship with Disney over this film.

To be fair, Disney probably had zero problem giving it up after they saw the reception at the fall festivals and figured it was going nowhere (an assumption that turned out to be correct).

2 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Incredibles 2 also dropped 43% the weekend Hotel Transylvania 3 opened and bounced back the next weekend with only a 27% drop.

The best thing going for Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4 is the upcoming releases are weak.  Maxxaine, Longlegs, Fly Me to the Moon and Sound of Hope are all the wide releases between July 3rd and July 18th.  Twisters opens the weekend of the 19th and it's presales are weak.   You have the monster that is Deadpool the week after and August is filled with studio dumps and genre pics.

Inside Out 2 could really pull off some Top Gun Maverick late legs with how weak the rest of the summer is besides Deadpool. 

Longlegs will surprise everyone and be a sleeper hit IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Jurassic World is safe.

No movie shall be allowed to throw it out of the Top 10 DOM. Except for Jurassic World 4, that one would be allowed.

Don’t worry BB we’ll just close the cinemas down at 652,270,624

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Horizon probably heading for a similar drop to The Bikeriders next weekend.

Its just being met with indifference, folks don't care.

Horizon doing 11M for the type of movie it is, is only good for theaters. It's money they make, concessions they sell and adds depth to the marketplace.

Costner tho...God Bless him.

A bit disappointed seeing AQP failed to reach 8x IM after a very good preview-Friday ratio and that almost flat Saturday bump is surprising, not sure if this is signaling any mixed WOM sign because IO2 also unexpectedly flat from Friday to Saturday. Maybe holiday ahead distort the Saturday bump.

Horizon managed to get 13x IM. Quite good I would say although the number is too minuscule to matter .