kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 01-04, 2024] | Thursday | 20.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 7.2M INSIDE OUT II | 4.7M AQP: DAY ONE

26 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$8.5M for IO2, -35% from last MON

Great hold for IO2 (-57%) and AQP (-59%) in line with Toy Story 4 (-59%) and Annabelle 3 (-57%) five years ago.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Great hold for IO2 (-57%) and AQP (-59%) in line with Toy Story 4 (-59%) and Annabelle 3 (-57%) five years ago.

weird how those movies switched percentages lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Wasn’t yesterday a Canadian holiday?

Yes, but most people are out and about for the holiday up here. There are a lot of events for kids, etc. 

Given that plus the relatively small % the Canadian portion adds to the North American box office, I don’t think it would have made a huge difference. 

Tuesday should act more like a Friday however, with everyone in the US off tomorrow for July 4th. I imagine it will be similar to the Tuesday before Juneteenth a few weeks back.

13 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Yes, but most people are out and about for the holiday up here. There are a lot of events for kids, etc. 

Given that plus the relatively small % the Canadian portion adds to the North American box office, I don’t think it would have made a huge difference. 

Tuesday should act more like a Friday however, with everyone in the US off tomorrow for July 4th. I imagine it will be similar to the Tuesday before Juneteenth a few weeks back.

I would assume Wednesday 7/3 would act like the Friday for the Independence Day holiday this year, and most companies I know (including mine) are giving Friday off additionally, not Wednesday, so I wouldn't be surprised if Friday is mostly flat with Saturday this week. 

1 minute ago, Grand Cine said:

Interesting that Disney continue overseas updates in 3rd week , the last movie which have this is Avatar 2

It's because it's still huge. OS is now almost doubling domestic.

3 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Incredible hold overseas , only -16% drop !!! I hope the movie will hold overseas with DM4 debut

We have only sample size of 2. Argentina and Australia had DM4 open in its 2nd weekend and IO2 actually held well and even was ahead DM4. Its opening in most markets in 4th week when IO2 would be weaker. Some markets it will take a hit but I expect Europe can sustain both movies. 

It's insane how well Inside Out 2 is performing. I knew the first one is very well liked (Top5 Pixar movies IMO) but I never imagined the second one to be such a monster, specially after Toy Story 4 and Finding Dory, sequels of the most beloved Pixar movies, were billion dollar movies but not +1.4b movies. I saw it opening weekend and I think the movie is really connecting with audiences, specially the character of Anxiety which to many of us is very relatable. 

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We have only sample size of 2. Argentina and Australia had DM4 open in its 2nd weekend and IO2 actually held well and even was ahead DM4. Its opening in most markets in 4th week when IO2 would be weaker. Some markets it will take a hit but I expect Europe can sustain both movies. 

Like i said in the weekend thread , in the top 12 Markets Overseas 

Argentina and Australia : DM4 is already open

Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, Spain : DM4 open this week

China, UK, Germany, France : DM4 open next week

Japan : mid July

Italy : Late August

That's a fantastic hold for IO2.

Much stronger than TS4 was same day and date 5 years ago. $1.3-$1.4M higher.

I would now expect IO2 to perform somewhat stronger than TS4 over the July4th Holiday frame.

IO2 lost alot of premium last week, so it should be less affected by that than TS4 which really only had Yesterday as competition the June 28-30 weekend, but then had SM:FFH to take all the premium on Tuesday July 2nd.

While DM4 is direct competition, it is opening one day later than SM:FFH opened in 2019 and it isn't as big as movie as that one was.