Grand Cine

Weekdays (15th-18th July) : The Calm before the Storm : DM4 : 5,7M - LongLegs : 2,4M - IO2 : 2,8M

32 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

For 350M, it must make great hold but with the lose of PLF/Imax and D&W next week , i think more 330-335M ( in line with Minions) . I think D&W weekend is the last weekend of the summer with big drop. After that,  Until Mid-Late September , except maybe Alien, movies , DM4 and IO2 specially , will make great legs.

I have a question : Are there National Cinema Day this year at late August ?

National Cinema Day is this September 7 in the US.

31 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

National Cinema Day is this September 7 in the US.

The Beetlejuice weekend? Wtf.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Beetlejuice weekend? Wtf.

Yeah that seems odd. Two years ago it was labor day weekend when nothing big came out. Last year it was the last weekend in Aug when nothing big came out. But doing it when a big anticipated movie opens is like okay. Hmm

12 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah that seems odd. Two years ago it was labor day weekend when nothing big came out. Last year it was the last weekend in Aug when nothing big came out. But doing it when a big anticipated movie opens is like okay. Hmm

They made a mistake putting NCD on Labor day that first year, and they corrected it the next year by putting NCD on a different weekend so they got 2 boosted weekends.

As for Beetlejuice, the studio can tell theaters to sell tickets at full price. Or theaters will sell at full price for Beetle because it is a new movie.

Edited by Mojoguy

I am gonna wait to see any sort of announcement before speculating any further. I assume NCD will be on The Crow weekend or Labor Day weekend.

Just now, CJohn said:

I am gonna wait to see any sort of announcement before speculating any further. I assume NCD will be on The Crow weekend or Labor Day weekend.

That's most likely when it'll be given that the openers for those frames look dumpy enough that they'll need the boost (Blink Twice will probably be this year's Bodies Bodies Bodies/Bottoms). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's most likely when it'll be given that the openers for those frames look dumpy enough that they'll need the boost (Blink Twice will probably be this year's Bodies Bodies Bodies/Bottoms). 

Yeah doing it  on that first Fall movie weekend when Beetlejuice opens just does not seem likely. I do not think WB will be on board with that.

Another thing that occurred to me with the Beetlejuice opening is that is the OW of The NFL and the Opening kickoff game is on Thursday night. I wonder what kind of affect that will have on Previews.  Although neither one of the IT movies were hurt opening on that weekend so probably not much affect if people really want to see the movie.

Edited by emoviefan

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It won't be on Labor Day weekend again. I've heard horror stories of the first year of NCD from theater employees, it was the living hell over holiday weekend with such cheap tickets. 2nd year was much better handled with NCD on a different weekend from LD weekend even with that $1 increase.

23 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah doing it  on that first Fall movie weekend when Beetlejuice opens just does not seem likely. I do not think WB will be on board with that.

The weekend before Labor Day is the most likely. They will repeat what they did last year.

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

That's really going to hurt the Crow.....

We all know the Crow is going to be a mega bomb.

$4 tickets might actually get people to check it out on OW.

I think Inside Out 3 will happen either this June 17, 2033 or June 16, 2034 on Father's Day weekend.

Thursday previews: 18-23+ million

OW: 200+ million

Edited by Migs20242
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

We all know the Crow is going to be a mega bomb.

$4 tickets might actually get people to check it out on OW.

Good point but say on a normal weekend it would do 7 million it would have to have a shit ton of people on the fence say okay I will check it out to even get to 10 million.  Like a shit ton of people. Foot traffic will increase and concession sales for the theaters which is the goal for them but for the studios eh.

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

They made a mistake putting NCD on Labor day that first year, and they corrected it the next year by putting NCD on a different weekend so they got 2 boosted weekends.

As for Beetlejuice, the studio can tell theaters to sell tickets at full price. Or theaters will sell at full price for Beetle because it is a new movie.

I think either way it fucks it. 90% of casual moviegoers would rather pay for the dirt cheap tickets and skip out on Beetlejuice if given the option, especially in this current climate.