Eric Prime

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

I'm pretty sure they're all going to appear in the next Avengers movie for sure but yeah I guess hoping they're in the next fantastic four is a bit too much.

39 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm pretty sure they're all going to appear in the next Avengers movie for sure but yeah I guess hoping they're in the next fantastic four is a bit too much.

If you come across the leaked F4 reel , you would get a sense that it's very different from rest of the Marvel movies by miles. I think RDJ as doom is much more likely there. Ig that can help at box office

So I saw Deadpool for the second time today. I can't tell you how much more I enjoyed it from start to finish this time. I don't know if I just was in a different mood or if seeing it twice allowed me to take more things in than I did last time but it was a much better experience this time. 

I even laughed more this time than I did last time. I don't know if it's my favorite Deadpool because I really really enjoyed the first one but if I gave the first one a 9.5 out of 10 I have to say this is a 9/10.

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

10 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Completely throwaway joke but now see turn to give some sort of reference to this in Doomsday or Secret Wars

Loki is currently omniscient and arguably the most powerful being in the MCU. While you could shrug it off as a throwaway joke, I strongly believe that scene was there to hint that whatever happened with Deadpool and to a less extent Wolverine in this film, Loki understood that it need to happen and there is a link to Thor, my point is that in story it already has a potential purpose.

Edited by ZattMurdock

11 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Planned or not, they’re  definitely doing something with this now, probably in an Avengers movie, but it actually could be in a Thor or Deadpool movie.

I do think they might have a vague plan about it already, because Deadpool mentioned that scene a couple of times during the movie and Ryan seems to fixate on it as well. Either way, that will definitely pay off somewhere down the line, planned or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Loki is currently omniscient and arguably the most powerful being in the MCU. While you could shrug it off as a throwaway joke, I strongly believe that scene was there to hint that whatever happened with Deadpool and to a less extent Wolverine in this film, Loki understood that it need to happen and there is a link to Thor, my point is that in story it already has a potential purpose.

Loki is what, haven't seen Loki season 2

6 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Planned or not, they’re  definitely doing something with this now, probably in an Avengers movie, but it actually could be in a Thor or Deadpool movie.

I do think they might have a vague plan about it already, because Deadpool mentioned that scene a couple of times during the movie and Ryan seems to fixate on it as well. Either way, that will definitely pay off somewhere down the line, planned or not.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is just played off for laughs later down the line with something completely unrelated to the main plot

Edited by Jaxon5
  • Like 1

The plot and storyline kind of work conceptually and failed narratively. They got the concept right but the execution was so lazy and clumsy. The heavy meaty dialogue driven comedy kind of lost its charm going into second half of the movie. And I simply find it less funny this round due to uneven tone and dialogue just isn't as smart or wicked like the last two. I suspect the WGA strike impacted the writing process. It easily has the weakest dialogue in the deadpool franchise. 

I often found the way NWH achieve its multiverse being forceful and unconvincing, but that movie at least deliver a smooth, sharp, and emotionally satisfying experience. Whereas DW tackle its multiverse network smarter and real-world echoing  

Overall a 6/10. The best post-EG movie to me is still MoM. I know that isn't a popular opinion but at least MoM has the ball to challenge audience in term of creative choice and direction style.      

• Like 1

Loki is one of the best series of this decade, never mind one of the best entries of the MCU. If there is one MCU series to watch, that’s Loki. It’s this century’s equivalent to Back to the Future, incredibly symmetrical and beautiful storytelling exploring the MCU as canvas to explore some deep and heavy themes. 

Also Jessica Clemons at New Rockstars just released a video about what I was talking about, the relation of Deadpool, Thor crying and Loki.

It’s one of my favorite moments in D&W for what it means to the future of the MCU. I really love the idea of Loki understanding Deadpool and using him to help his brother, at same time helping Deadpool to achieve his high purpose. In a film that it’s all about what matter and what doesn’t, Wade’s arc, Loki’s and Thor’s is bound to cross paths.