Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

My MCU ranking post-Endgame/Multiverse saga (not including TV shows or specials): 

1. Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 3

2. Spider-Man: No Way Home

3. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

4. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

5. Deadpool & Wolverine

6. Black Widow

7. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

8. Spider-Man: Far From Home

9. The Marvels

10. Eternals

11. Thor: Love and Thunder

12. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This is an insult to @Brainbug and @THUNDER BIRD

You do know i reign myself here and keep calm & practise the art of letting go and debate or argue in decent, civilized manner.

Remove all rules & restrictions, make it no holds barred and then dare anyone say anything about Jurassic movies.

Except Dominion..... But even there to a limit, mind you.

• Haha 1

Post Endgame rankings of stuff I've seen 

1. Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 3

2. Wandavision 

3. Shang Chi 

4. Black Panther 2

5. Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special 

6. Spiderman No Way Home

7. Spider-Man Far From Home 

8. Deadpool & Wolverine 

9. Multiverse of Madness

10. Cap and Winter Soldier 

11. The Marvels

12. Eternals

13.  Thor 4 

14. Black Widow

15. Ant Man 3

6 to 10 are a random assortment, I enjoy those all about the same. They're okay. 11 to 14 was a waste of my time but there's a few things in there that are of value. Ant-Man 3 was lifeless gruel and  you know they didn't want it to be that way. It didn't even make me angry, it was just so sad. 

No I have not seen Loki, I didn't want to watch after I found out it would have a second season and that I'd wait for it to be done. And then a bunch of stuff on the "it's fine" to " waste of time" tiers came out and then I just didn't want to bother anymore. I'll get around to it eventually. 

And here's my real discourse starter: I don't think Jurassic World Dominion is *that* bad. It's still very rough and I don't know if I'd say I like it but it has its certain insane charms. What other movie is going to give me a clone DNA to solve locusts reveal? That's more than I can say for some movies that are just dull the whole way through. For my many issues I can never say any of the Jurassic World movies bore me. 

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

Just more confirmation that we'll finally be having a movie open within the $210M-$219M range. 

Good night everyone!

Great weekend for the popular moviegoing experience.

THIS. IS. CINEMA.

Just now, wattage said:

And here's my real discourse starter: I don't think Jurassic World Dominion is *that* bad. It's still very rough and I don't know if I'd say I like it but it has its certain insane charms. What other movie is going to give me a clone DNA to solve locusts reveal? That's more than I can say for some movies that are just dull the whole way through. For my many issues I can never say any of the Jurassic World movies bore me. 

Locusts were my big issue with Dominion.

Basically because Jurassic World Dominion is the only movie where plot isn't dependent on Dinosaurs, almost all things happen in that movie due to Locusts, remove dinosaurs from the ploy and Dominion is the only Jurassic movie that'll be unchanged.

I literally heard people in Theaters calling this out

"Dinosaur movie hai ya keedon ki movie" - In English it translates too - "Is this Dinosaur movie or bug movie"

I can’t hurt any Jurassic World’s fans feelings because I stopped after Jurassic World so it has always been great I never watched the others and likely never will. So as far as I’m concerned, Jurassic World is great, it ever will be. I will be back once Scarlett knocks it out of the park.

Edited by ZattMurdock

Btw they said "Tiddi", which translates to "Grasshopper"

Dr Strange and this made me think that maybe Hollywood doesn't want to give people what they want..... But then i watched Top Gun Maverick and realized that there's still hope for Hollywood.

Kevin Feige & Collin Treverow just lost their minds.

• Like 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Locusts were my big issue with Dominion.

Basically because Jurassic World Dominion is the only movie where plot isn't dependent on Dinosaurs, almost all things happen in that movie due to Locusts, remove dinosaurs from the ploy and Dominion is the only Jurassic movie that'll be unchanged.

I think the great failure of that movie is basically this. But on its own it's just kind of a very weird but vaguely entertaining movie to me. It was definitely a learning experience for all involved though, I'm sure, and it'll carry into the next movie next year. I think people are very harsh on it when there's a lot worse out there is all.

47 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Because we are in a US centric forum, in the domestic section of the forum (not the Brazilian section) and because you literally mentioned screens in USA first. But hey again I can understand your apprehensions in providing a response to my actual questions. They are tough and even theatre managers and studio CEO’s have grappled with them. 

Btw I love that you have dropped the “don’t think i want to spend more time worrying about making a point and be respectful”  schtick and are resorting to ad hominem attacks. I am so glad. 

Bro which school did you study from? I wish I could write decently as u did. I have lot of thoughts but I won't be able to write them properly 😞

• Like 1

Anyway just got out of DPW. I keep wanting to like these because of how great Infinity Saga was, but pretty bad. You can poke fun at multiverse plot problems but that doesn’t save you from them. Hurtling towards two bad avengers movies at this rate, only hope is maybe Russos+M&M can work magic

• Like 1

Great

SC

Eternals

gotg3

Good

BW

Fine/mixed

NWH

BP2

Bad

DPW

Awdul

DS2

L&T

QM

Haven’t seen marvels 

The hot rate on non-multiverse movies has been pretty okay, so maybe some hope for 2025. On the other hand hit rate since eternals is kind of atrocious, so… we’ll see fingers crossed

Edited by Joyous Legion
  • Like 1