Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

13 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I’m struggling to think of a bigger single waste of an acting talent that significant in the MCU…

Madds in Dr. Strange. He should’ve been Doom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

What If not one but two movies surpass Jurassic World DOM this summer? 

@Brainbug

No chance. Jurassic World had great legs and an extra month of Summer weekdays, as well as not being as heavy on Thursday previews. This would need better than expected legs to hit $600m.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I do suppose it is kinda weird to notice things like this but I couldn't resist the urge

It's fine, lol.

Not like it was meant to be a secret, ha!

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Just wondering how did you get your Reddit name? I got it because it was my randomly generated name

Pokemon Go had recently come out when I created my account and I caught a buttload of Magikarps because I wanted a Gyarados. So that's where the name comes from, ha!

Moana 2 > Jurassic World domestic :Venom:

Spoiler

If it's good, I don't think a BB --> TDK increase is all that ridiculous. You need to see just how fucking huge Moana is on Disney+ and it had 8 years to cook. 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Whose fault is that?

They had the first five months of 2024 without much competition. 

The dumb masses

33 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Just wondering what's your serious prediction for Moana 2 if it's good (A CinemaScore)?

Always hard to tell with animated 2nd entries just how much bounce you get. Certainly Moana’s streaming stats see, pretty insane , but how much will that translate? Maybe 450M for now

Edited by Joyous Legion

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

A cinemascore for animation is honestly pretty standard. Going below that is a sign of a not very well-liked film, but hitting it doesn't mean much

This is why I think Frozen 2 had mid reception. If it got an A+ like the first it would've made more than Jurassic World globally.