kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

1 hour ago, rihrey said:

His rounding is an eternal enigma to me. How 12.2 rounds to 12.5 I'll never know.

I hope Inside Out doesn't have a similar rounding down, 300k isn't a huge deal for big grosses but it would impact my projections quite a bit for Inside Out 

45 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

The split from DOM/INT for Twisters is interesting, rare to see a film catch on like it is in NA compared to the rest of the world. Closest comparison I can find is Star Trek '09.

That's a comparison that I like since it makes me feel more confident about a sequel, since that got one and they were able to figure out what the problem was international to get those grosses to be more even for Into Darkness. I maintain that it's partially a marketing issue, an international release date issue (this should've started coming alongside DM4, it was already out in a lot of OS markets before the 4th so doing Twisters on that weekend would've been smart), and then it being very American centric. A combo of all of those things. It has been holding decently in some OS markets so it's not an issue of quality I don't think, just those 3 factors caused interest to be pitiful from the start. 

Edited by wattage

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@Cooper Legion how does DPW Monday change your prediction for DOM total?

Not him but still tracking around 650m 

Late legs will be key for going above 650m or not

Edited by Madhuvan

3 minutes ago, Eric is Trapped said:

Honey, you don't have to ask him questions every time a new number comes out lol. You can make your own conclusions.

Either it's copper legion or agent Cooper or some random guy from reddit. If you want reviews then that one guy who disliked no way home. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Thank god it is doing so well in the US. Hope it ends up turning a profit. I don't really understand why it flopped so hard outside America. The original Twister had over half its gross come from overseas. The sequel isn't even 30%. :(  

Because Helen Hunt+Bill Paxton>Daisy Edgar-Jones+Glen Powell.

• Like 1