Eric the Marxist

D23 2024 Discussion Thread | Friday, August 9 Entertainment Showcase (7:00-9:00 PM PDT) | Saturday, August 10 Experiences Showcase (7:00-8:300 PM PDT)

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Hey they're promoting the Tiana show! And it seems to be 2D!

That's great. I guess it isn't so surprising as Tangled TV animation was 2D too, but I'm still they will mantain 2D for Tiana.

Edited by Kon

17 minutes ago, Kon said:

That's great. I guess it isn't so surprising as Tangled TV animation was 2D too, but I'm still they will mantain 2D for Tiana.

I mean Tangled A: wasnt 2D as a movie, and B: had a completely different art style for the animated show. This is the same style as the movie

I feel like Marvel will announce the titles for the February and November 2026 films, but that's the only "new" thing we will get on the film side today. 

I don't keep up with Pixar or Star Wars enough anymore to know what they may reveal, but I'm hoping for a bountiful D23.

6 minutes ago, XXR & Friends said:

I feel like Marvel will announce the titles for the February and November 2026 films, but that's the only "new" thing we will get on the film side today. 

I don't keep up with Pixar or Star Wars enough anymore to know what they may reveal, but I'm hoping for a bountiful D23.

The Disney brand itself (animation and live-action) is going to be what dominates this in all likelihood. We're getting a new Mufasa trailer soon and I imagine they're getting ready to start the promo campaign for Snow White since it's out in seven months (Beetlejuice Beetlejuice would be an ideal trailer target since females will likely be its biggest demo thanks to the strong marketing emphasis on Ortega/Ryder/O'Hara).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Yeah, SDCC was the Marvel platform, I wouldn't expect much new here if that's all you care about.

Probably gonna get a specific Freaky Friday 2 date I imagine, hoping an update on just what exactly their plans are with the Lilo & Stitch remake as well.

Edited by AniNate