Eric the Marxist

D23 2024 Discussion Thread | Friday, August 9 Entertainment Showcase (7:00-9:00 PM PDT) | Saturday, August 10 Experiences Showcase (7:00-8:300 PM PDT)

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Curious that this got a minor backlash online for being too random. It´s funny to me how people react badly these days to absurd premises as if it´s desperation and not creativity ... this type of absurd base storylines was what made Pixar thrive once.

This isn´t much different than ´´a smart rat decided to control a human by hair and cook´´ or ´´old man goes to south with this flying house after wife is dead´´. The director is very talented, i hope it works out.

That's because people don't like anything that isn't based off something they already know. People claim they want original stuff, but they never actually want to go for it and just complain when they do go original.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

No public teaser for Tron Ares? :whosad:

Only a lot of organic publicity:

Not sure if it’s enough but more than I expected for something I thought already was dead before even getting released.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

What are they saving for Saturday? 

X-Men ‘97, Eyes of Wakanda and Kevin Feige seems very excited for Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Hopefully the announcement that The Acolyte is getting a second season as well, Manny Jacinto has a panel this weekend.

• Thanks 1

Tbh which animated sequels announced you think has a chance of beating inside out 2 dom ? I think incredibles 3 has a chance to Make 650m

Meanwhile ww Frozen 3 and zootopia 2 which were massive in Asia 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Bob Iger seemed generally thrilled to be at D23. It's not often the CEO is cheered by thousands of fans.

Disney is probably one of the few companies were that can even happen ^^

1 minute ago, Youngstar said:

Disney is probably one of the few companies were that can even happen ^^

If Iger is still there in 2026 when the next D23 comes around, I'd pay someone to go into the crowd and have a sign that says 'You're here until you're 90', maybe even shout it to him while he's on stage.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

After catching up on all the trailers(the leaked ones as well) and all the news, I have to say that there really wasn't anything I disliked. I'm really excited for msot of the projects announced(Apart from that Monster Truck movie wtf is that? ^^) and I can't stop rewatching the Snow White teaser. Like I'm obessesed with it. I also thought the Mufasa trailer was much better than the teaser and makes me want to watch the movie now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Selma said:

Tbh which animated sequels announced you think has a chance of beating inside out 2 dom ? I think incredibles 3 has a chance to Make 650m

Incredibles 3 with a shot of being the 1st animated movie to do 200 million DOM opening week before Inside Out 3.

2 hours ago, Selma said:

Only Incredibles 3. I'm expecting Zootopia 2 to land in the $400-450M range, and Frozen 3 to be in the $500-550M range. 

Am I the only one who feels like both Incredibles 3 and Frozen 3 are in for some fairly steep drops from their respective previous movies? Both of their second chapters were met with mixed reception and have seemingly aged pretty poorly, and I feel like these new ones could end up paying for that.