CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

The only thing going against the title rumour is the fact that the domain names are NOT owned by anyone related with Sony if not still available to buy. Also wouldn't this

defeat the whole Khan 2.0 thing they could be doing with Waltz/Oberhauser/Blofeld?

We'll know on Thurs probably.

The only thing going against the title rumour is the fact that the domain names are NOT owned by anyone related with Sony if not still available to buy. Also wouldn't this

defeat the whole Khan 2.0 thing they could be doing with Waltz/Oberhauser/Blofeld?

We'll know on Thurs probably.

But the secret is out of the bag.

• Like 1

Not a good reason, if unprecedented was a valid reason we wouldn't have gotten half the things we have in movies.

:rofl: not a good reason... it's a 23 movies long series making it perfectly valid. But I don't need a reason, it's just a title, I'll see the movie anyway and it'll have no effect on my enjoyment. Though what the title implies about the plot of the movie is much more concerning.

Edited by darkelf

:rofl: not a good reason... it's a 23 movies long series making it perfectly valid. But I don't need a reason, it's just a title, I'll see the movie anyway and it'll have no effect on my enjoyment. Though what the title implies about the plot of the movie is much more concerning.

Like there is a rule that says it can't be changed. :rofl: So why bring it up about the title? Of course it shouldn't change the way you view the movie. One thing would be obvious its about

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

Skyfall was a much better title with regards to the plot.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Place your bets for the song, who could it be ? Lana del Rey could have done it but she s already on tons of soundtracks so who else ?

Loved Adele s Skyfall.

It may be useful to look at a list of musical artists signed to SONY Music. Several months back SONY launched the ONE SONY "BE MOVED" campaign/ initiative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Music_artists

If Adele doesn't return I think a realistic and popular choice is Beyonce. She may be 'controversial' among some Bond purists (or those that simply don't like her music) but her career is on fire. She is arguably the most popular female musical artist on the planet and the only singer that could top Adele's Skyfall in popularity, if not, acclaim.

SONY ELECTRONICS LAUNCHES ONE SONY “BE MOVED” MARKETING CAMPAIGN

"A steadfast passion for artistry and commitment to engineering has always been at the core of Sony Electronics, thereby achieving Sony’s goal in delivering “WOW” and moving people emotionally. It’s with this longstanding history of merging art and engineering into its products and services that Sony Electronics today unveils an integrated brand campaign, called One Sony “BE MOVED.”

The campaign highlights Sony’s “One Sony” corporate philosophy and includes  elements from all sister companies, spanning Electronics, Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony Music and Sony Mobile. Across the broadcast and digital executions, the campaign features a number of stories from interviews with Sony engineers and highlights the innovative products as proof of Sony’s contribution to challenge the status quo."

Edited by Burgess

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2014/12/02/bond-24-title-and-cast-to-be-announced-on-thursday/

This was just sent out to press:

On Thursday 4th December at 11:00am GMT (3:00am PST; 6:00am EST) Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment will present a live announcement and photo call from the 007 Stage at Pinewood Studios. The title and cast of the 24th Bond film will be revealed, marking the start of principal photography on Monday 8th December. A global audience will be able to watch the announcement live via a web stream at www.007.com

• Like 1

Why not later so more people can watch live?

I assume they chose that time for a couple different reasons. One reason is so they can dominate the American entertainment news cycle for an entire day and still take advantage of afternoon and evening reporting in Europe (and around the world). Like Skyfall, I'm sure the livestream will be made available on the official website/ Facebook page/ YouTube channel immediately afterwards. So, unlike the Marvel Media Day in October, everyone (press and fans) will have access to the footage/ questions/ interviews.

A second reason may simply be that they want to utilize the rest of day for production and preparation. Filming is supposed to begin this Friday (12/6). Work still has to get done.

Edited by Burgess
  • Like 1

I assume they chose that time for a couple different reasons. One reason is so they can dominate the American entertainment news cycle for an entire day and still take advantage of afternoon and evening reporting in Europe (and around the world). Like Skyfall, I'm sure the livestream will be made available on the official website/ Facebook page/ YouTube channel immediately afterwards. So, unlike the Marvel Media Day in October, everyone (press and fans) will have access to the footage/ questions/ interviews.

A second reason may simply be that they want to utilize the rest of day for production and preparation. Filming is supposed to begin this Friday (12/6). Work still has to get done.

Principal photography begins December 8 and I don't think 4 hours later would delay the movie a month or more. News cycle at in the afternoom? Could come out 9AM PST/12PM EST and still dominate European news. Didn't everyone have access to Marvel day on Youtube?

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Principal photography begins December 8 and I don't think 4 hours later would delay the movie a month or more. News cycle at in the afternoom? Could come out 9AM PST/12PM EST and still dominate European news. Didn't everyone have access to Marvel day on Youtube?

Sorry, about giving the incorrect date for principal photograohy. I was going off a rumored date put forward a few months ago in the DailyMail newspaper.

Maybe the press event is scheduled so early to avoid being preempted in the news cycle by another story/ event. If something major happens in the world or there's some other big entertainment story then 4 hours or so could make a difference in media saturation/ coverage. It's all speculation of course. The time could simply be an accommodation for the actors and their schedules.

Edited by Burgess
  • Like 1

Well for one time, this is not based on American hours. Bond is English first so I guess that's fitting to do it in the day there. Plus, maybe Sony wants it to be at a decent hour in Japan too (kidding I don't know when it would make it and Japan isn't the main market of Bond). 

12pm EST is too late for the evening news, they need a little time to prepare a thing, they won't put something having happened 1 hour before.