Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 20th-22nd

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Well, everybody seems convinced Wolfs would have flopped, so better they sent it to streaming. It saved everyone some embarrassing numbers.

Oceans 11 was only 23 years ago.But it is what it is. The reviews say it is a decent passable watch but it's no Oceans Eleven and in this current theatrical marketplace that is just not good enough to get that 35+ audience off their ass to the theater to spend 10+ dollars a ticket.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if that was on the table, and they just didnt do it cus they got paranoid that Illumination would move Despicable Me 4 just to fuck with them some more. 

That would be an extremely silly thing to be paranoid about considering that franchise has been a 4th of July weekend staple for its entire existence. Any time it misses that weekend it's still very close to it. 

Dreamworks is the one that set their date a week after Transformers months after Transformers already set their date.  That was more of a case of Universal/DreamWorks trying to bully them away and Paramount not biting.

Paramount is just comically bad at picking release dates is the underlying thing here though. They originally picked their date to be one week after Beetlejuice when they delayed it out of July instead of trying to put it in August. That was the first critical error. Truly there was no reason for that, at that point August was still wide open for a Mutant Mayhem type of film and that never changed. Wild Robot then sets their date one week after and they still don't try and move the date was the second error but I can see how they thought that they had the stronger foothold and could hold their ground and make DreamWorks move the date.

Then earlier this year they get cold feet on Beetlejuice but I'm sure they had a bunch of stuff scheduled by that point that couldn't be pushed up a month anymore so it was too late do anything but delay and hope Wild Robot would move farther away, which they didn't.

There's always going to be someone who isn't into a film so I don't think there's ever gonna be a truly uncontroversial take, but I think on a macro level most people would probably agree with Dune 2 and I'm aware of that even if I really did not like that movie. I just wanted to be a bit cheeky about it. 

Just now, wattage said:

There's always going to be someone who isn't into a film so I don't think there's ever gonna be a truly uncontroversial take, but I think on a macro level most people would probably agree with Dune 2 and I'm aware of that even if I really did not like that movie. I just wanted to be a bit cheeky about it. 

Reading comprehension is low and defensive behavior is high for some reason. Any normal person should be able to you were just being cheeky.

5 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Reading comprehension is low and defensive behavior is high for some reason. Any normal person should be able to you were just being cheeky.

I have a hard time reading that stuff sometimes so I try and just let people know even if I don't need to. 

In my well-respected opinion (and as someone who has a lot of credibility here on these boards as someone with truly unbiased takes), i support the notion that GxK is the best movie that came out from Hollywood since Oppenheimer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just bring back Michael Bay and Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf and you'll probably get a billion dollar grossing Transformers again. Ersatz films like Transformers 1 and bumblebee without Michael Bay and the cast, critics jerk off over them and audiences stay away. Don't get me wrong I know bumblebee made almost half a billion dollar worldwide but it really struggled in North america.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just bring back Michael Bay and Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf and you'll probably get a billion dollar grossing Transformers again. Ersatz films like Transformers 1 and bumblebee without Michael Bay and the cast, critics jerk off over them and audiences stay away. Don't get me wrong I know bumblebee made almost half a billion dollar worldwide but it really struggled in North america.

All these three people are washed up. The Bay movies were on a downward spiral.

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 2