BoxOfficeFangrl

Weekday Thread | October 7-10

5 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Some people are so sensitive at the slightest bit of snark. What's the big deal? I didn't rant and rave, or curse at anyone, or say anything more severe than a light-hearted jest about someone's hyper-focus on the minutia of Transformers One's daily box office performance.

Because you're just being a dick for no reason. So what if somebody is more hyperfocused on one movie over another? We all have movies we are more invested and interested in discussing, because we're all different people. As long as they aren't hurting anybody, who cares what they are fixated on?

• Like 1

Jeez. I mixed you up with that other guy (CheeseWizard, or something?) who's been very focused on Transformers One, and you read some misdirected light snark about nothing important. So? What's the big deal? And I'm not sure what comments in a box office forum would ever be considered "necessary," as it's all just people talking about this and that, but whatever.

12 minutes ago, Eric the Clown said:

Because you're just being a dick for no reason. So what if somebody is more hyperfocused on one movie over another? We all have movies we are more invested and interested in discussing, because we're all different people. As long as they aren't hurting anybody, who cares what they are fixated on?

And light snark is hardly being "a dick," or hurting anybody. I've talked with lots of other people in several forums this same exact way without getting such an overblown response about nothing--many people just keep it light with some sass back, if they feel the mood. I didn't expect people to have a hissy fit over a minor jest, but I guess now I know.

Edited by Mandatory

7 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Jeez. I mixed you up with that other guy (CheeseWizard, or something?) who's been very focused on Transformers One, and you read some misdirected light snark about nothing important. So? What's the big deal? And I'm not sure what comments in a box office forum would ever be considered "necessary," as it's all just people talking about this and that, but whatever.

Playing the victim doesn't look good on you, sweetie!

You were being snarky towards someone, and, you got rightfully called for it.

No one is being extra or making a big deal. No one has to honestly tolerate any snark or that kind of energy being directed at them.

And, you just said you mixed it up. Okay, so apologize! Or, keep it moving.

4 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Likely you did mix me up with them but even if you had replied to them instead it would've been rude. People have movies they want to see succeed and they can ask about it and our input and hope for the best. It's a weekly numbers thread, we can talk about the numbers. Nothing about the movie itself to how they've been posting really warranted telling them it's a failure so they should just stop talking about it and let it go. The rest of your comment about it's performance was standard. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

All the theaters in the southeast region appear to be closing up early today and won't be reopening until around the evening tomorrow. I suspect the overall impact to the grosses shouldn't be that severe since the lost business could get pushed to the weekend.

Cloesd theaters are going to be the least of the worries for Florida over the next couple of days.

Milton is not weakening enough to really matter, and the West Coast of Florida is going to get slammed hard, and the rest of the state will be badly impscted, though  not slammed.

39 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

I’m new so I don’t understand how most of this stuff works, and I picked this as the first film I wanted to focus on because of its circumstances. I don’t really understand what I’ve done wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Omg! I love the icon.

I see you stanning Charli XCX's brat.

Saw the Sweat tour live two weeks ago, it was pretty funny how everyone would take bathroom breaks whenever Troye Sivan came on stage lol. Just realised he was the only other actor to play Wolverine in live-action outside of Hugh Jackman lmfao