filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

20 minutes ago, filmpalace said:

Any other users on here that are watching horror movies during spooktober?

So far, I've seen Hocus Pocus, Salem's Lot, Halloween (1978) and It's What's Inside.

In order: Hold Your Breath, Salem’s Lot (I saw that at a tester in 2022 haha), Christine, It’s What’s Inside, Hotel, Body Bags.

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I will be seeing it in cinemas yes! During the week though, I have Terrifier tonight and Anora tomorrow. 

I watch them all year round of course 😅 I enjoyed It’s What’s Inside but wouldn’t class it as horror. Watched ‘Hold Your Breath’ which wasn’t worthwhile and VHS Beyond which has one incredible segment (Live and Let Dive). 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Terrifier. Unfortunately it's not being released here until the 31st, so I'll have to avoid spoilers for a while.

And I also watch horror during the entire year haha, I just try to watch a lot in October. I've never seen a VHS movie in full before. Which one would you recommend? I believe I have seen the popular Storm Drain (Ratman) sequence.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

In order: Hold Your Breath, Salem’s Lot (I saw that at a tester in 2022 haha), Christine, It’s What’s Inside, Hotel, Body Bags.

Is 'Hold Your Breath' any good? Also cool that you got to see Salem's Lot at a test screening. I read that the initial cut was 3 hours long, so I'm assuming you saw a pretty different version compared to what's out now?

Just now, WebSurfer said:

All I hope for this weekend is for Wild Robot to get above $10 million.

Whether it is #1 or not is a different story.

It's dailies have been pretty good this week. I think it'll definitely get above 10M. I hope to finally see the movie next week. It's been showing exclusively in 4DX over here and those seats give me back pain 😅

37 minutes ago, filmpalace said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Terrifier. Unfortunately it's not being released here until the 31st, so I'll have to avoid spoilers for a while.

And I also watch horror during the entire year haha, I just try to watch a lot in October. I've never seen a VHS movie in full before. Which one would you recommend? I believe I have seen the popular Storm Drain (Ratman) sequence.

I would try

VHS

VHS 2

VHS 94

VHS 85

and VHS Beyond

They all have hit and miss sections, but these ones have the most hits. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

All I hope for this weekend is for Wild Robot to get above $10 million.

Whether it is #1 or not is a different story.

Not really seeing any reason why it would miss 10 million. Even if it dropped as much as last week, which would be extremely weird, it would still clear that. Dailies have been steady through the week even without storm concerns in mind it's been solid. 

I want Terrifier to do well just to help theaters out in the wake of FAD dropping off a cliff so ideal situation Wild Robot doesnt take number 1 even with an amazing hold, even if I'd like my little robot movie to make it there. 

Edited by wattage

1 hour ago, filmpalace said:

So far, I've seen Hocus Pocus, Salem's Lot, Halloween (1978) and It's What's Inside.

I watch two a weekend for October every year.

So far I've also done Hocus Pocus! That was last Saturday, Sunday I watched Carrie. Watching Nightmare Before Christmas today and Scream tomorrow. And I bought tickets for a Saw unrated showing on Sunday + Smile 2 for next weekend. 

• Like 1

Keep the people in west and central Florida in your thoughts still also, it's still millions without power and tons of people doing storm support in hazardous conditions to get them back up and running. And my fellow Floridians in here, I hope you're doing well. 

I'll start watching The Conjuring Saga as a whole for the first time. I only watched the first two movies and The Nun a few months ago. Idk if I can skip La Llorona though, does it have something to do with the main story? 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Interestingly, at my local tonight, Salem’s Lot & Terrifier 3 have sold the same amount of tickets in each of their two evening showings. 

Maybe WB should’ve gone to cinemas with Salem’s Lot in the US and spent a little less on Joker 2. 

Salem`s Lot sucks!! What a terrible version of a perfect book. Horrible

11 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Any truth to the $3.5 million number for Terrifier that I'm seeing around? (Reddit)

I was looyat an article from two days ago, my bad! No the number isn't accurate, Anthony reported. 

Edited by wattage

5 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

I'll start watching The Conjuring Saga as a whole for the first time. I only watched the first two movies and The Nun a few months ago. Idk if I can skip La Llorona though, does it have something to do with the main story? 

You can absolutely skip it.

• Like 2

Is 'Hold Your Breath' any good? Also cool that you got to see Salem's Lot at a test screening. I read that the initial cut was 3 hours long, so I'm assuming you saw a pretty different version compared to what's out now?

I thought it was really boring, very incoherent structure which is kinda the idea but done poorly.

As for Salem's Lot, it wasn't as different from what I remember. The biggest differences were pacing (the progressively desolate nature of the town was shown more in this cut for example, and the funeral scene also didn't crossfade in the OG cut) and the scares involving the Glick brothers were also different. I think the cut I saw also had a different opening, I don't recall the first two scenes in the version I saw and it just started with Mears returning, but I might be wrong on that. I could be forgetting some things, it has been a few years, but for the most part it was familiar from what I remember. This was when it was delayed to 2023 but still set for theaters, and after they did some reshoots.

9 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Not that much of an increase for Wild Robot…

A little concerned about that 10 million prospect now.

It didn't have a holiday bump like last Thursday. Still an under 40% drop though, and also up from Monday.

Edited by AniNate