filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

8 hours ago, WebSurfer said:

Not that much of an increase for Wild Robot…

A little concerned about that 10 million prospect now.

Joker is hilariously collapsing though.

People didn't even give JFAD a chance. Time to just move all movies to streaming. It's pointless. I don't even want to follow box office anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

JFAD is a funny acronym, but it's a true one!

Like, what a fad/flop.

It's so bizarre. The trailer had hugely positive reactions and broke records, and then after Venice everyone started shitting on the movie and it plummeted from Fresh to Rotten so fast a la WW 1984. I just don't understand the total rejection.

23 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

It's so bizarre. The trailer had hugely positive reactions and broke records, and then after Venice everyone started shitting on the movie and it plummeted from Fresh to Rotten so fast a la WW 1984. I just don't understand the total rejection.

Welcome to my world. I didn’t understand the praise and box office success of the first Joker movie. The director has flat out said Arthur Fleck is not THE Joker.

In a way, Todd Phillips kind of gave the haters like me exactly what we wanted in that 2nd movie. He burned it to the ground and hopefully we can get proper versions of the Joker moving forward. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Welcome to my world. I didn’t understand the praise and box office success of the first Joker movie. The director has flat out said Arthur Fleck is not THE Joker.

In a way, Todd Phillips kind of gave the haters like me exactly what we wanted in that 2nd movie. He burned it to the ground and hopefully we can get proper versions of the Joker moving forward. 

See that's the thing. I don't get why CBM fans are upset that the 10th live action version of the Joker was a bit different. CBM fans are so used to getting catered too, it's a problem now.

• Like 1