The Creator

How Many Best Picture Winners Can You Name By Word

There are several other Best Picture games I found here, but I liked this one: (type a word (like "The") and all BP winners with The in the title will appear). I got 65 my first try.http://www.sporcle.c...ure-by-any-wordAlso, Best Picture by Character game:http://www.sporcle.c..._name_characterAnd Best Picture by Setting game:http://www.sporcle.com/games/ImpromptuJ/Best_Picture_Settings

Edited by The Creator

Characters:

Fletcher Christian Mutiny on the Bounty wrong 1935 Jamal Malik Slumdog Millionaire wrong 2008 Adrian Pennino Rocky wrong 1976 Puyi The Last Emperor wrong 1987 The Corleones The Godfather + TheGodfather Part II 1972-74 Messala Ben-Hur 1959 Dr. Hannibal Lecter The Silence of the Lambs 1991 Professor Henry Higgins & Eliza Doolittle My Fair Lady 1964 Rose & Jack Titanic 1997 Sergeant First Class William James The Hurt Locker wrong 2009 US Navy Commander Shears & Lieutenant Colonel Nicholson The Bridge on the River Kwai wrong 1957 Charlie & Raymond Babbitt Rain Man 1988 Billy Kramer Kramer vs. Kramer 1979 The Jets & The Sharks West Side Story 1961 Harold Abrahams & Eric Liddell Chariots of Fire wrong 1981 General Maximus Decimus Meridius Gladiator 2000 Characters Movie Title Year Rhett Butler Gone with the Wind 1939 Det. Jimmy 'Popeye' Doyle The French Connection 1971 Denys Finch Hatton & Karen Blixen Out of Africa wrong 1985 Stands With A Fist Dances with Wolves 1990 General Omar Bradley Patton 1970 Jenny, Lt. Dan Taylor, & Bubba Forrest Gump 1994 Nurse Mildred Ratched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 1975 Lester Burnham American Beauty wrong 1999 Brad Braden, The Great Sebastian, & Buttons the Clown The Greatest Show on Earth 1952 Gandalf the White The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 2003 T.E. Lawrence Lawrence of Arabia 1962 Astronaut Garrett Breedlove Terms of Endearment wrong 1983 Henry 'Shaw' Gondorff & Johnny 'Kelly' Hooker The Sting wrong 1973 Frankie Dunn & Maggie Fitzgerald Million Dollar Baby wrong 2004 William Wallace Braveheart 1995 Rick Blaine & Ilsa Lund Casablanca I knew the name Eric Liddell was familar. Same with the Million Dollar chararacters. I couldn't remember any names from Slumdog. And I thought I put River Kwai, I must of typed too fast and wrote it wrong.

49 out of 83 on settings.I had a problem that I thought Artist would be on there so I kept on saying it for some years, though the only year that it fit really was set for a film that was made that year.

I can also name nearly every nomination for best picture in the past 30 years...I also mispelled 2, Gandhi and Amadeus. And for some reason I missed some obvious ones, I can name every winner though.

79. Got every winner of the past 55 years though, just blanked on a few of the older ones.18/32 for characters, surprising, I'm usually rubbish at character names. i can't believe I didn't get that Billy Kramer was in Kramer vs. Kramer.46/83 for setting.

Edited by CoolioD1

^Which btw for some reason for all the WW2 films, I only guessed Patton and River Kwaii, missed out somehow on Sound of Music and Schindler's List.I'm going to try it again sometime.

Whats also sad is how many major Oscar winners I can name as well as how many nominations I can name from years.....

Not quite as sad as me..... I can name every single Oscar nominated film since 1996 and that includes all the technical categories, shorts, and foreign....