Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I'd ask around about that. I've never encountered that in the US, but I know that happens in India.Anyway, we'd have to apply that for every film in that case.... Relative performance isn't affected to the same extent

Film prices are always the same here, except for Cheap Tuesday.

Ok, I can't keep up with the thread.So far, our first two shows have sold out and the spillover effect is well under way.If we were to sellout every one of our shows today, we would be looking at around 3300 tickets sold. Yesterday we finished with 2351.

bump

BOM records that are going down

Biggest May

Biggest OW

Biggest Summer

Summer Starts

Rated PG-13

Biggest 4-Day

Biggest 5-Day

Biggest Saturday

Fastest to 100m

Fastest to 150m

Fastest to 200m?Locked. If Avengers gets 190M, it will need 13M in 2 days to beat TDK.

Biggest Sunday?

Second Weekend?

Biggest 9-Day?

Biggest 10-Day?

I'd ask around about that. I've never encountered that in the US, but I know that happens in India.Anyway, we'd have to apply that for every film in that case.... Relative performance isn't affected to the same extent

Just pointing that out in the particular case of comparison with IM2 tickets.

Certainly not impossible. WOM is insane on this one.

Ignoring the midnights, if TA just follows IM2's pattern over the weekend it will just break 200m. With these higher numbers, it's doubtful, just interesting to note.

• Founder / Operator

90M should happen.A Hollywood movie never ever had a bigger 2nd drop in NA than in India, not even close. And Avengers is looking to drop under 55%, maybe even 50% in India. I wouldn't expect any worse from NA.

I'd ask around about that. I've never encountered that in the US, but I know that happens in India.

Yea, that doesn't really occur in the U.S. outside of bargain Tuesdays. People paying $12 to see Avengers in 3D today will still be paying $12 to see it in 3D a month from now.

That makes no sense. Avengers didn't break the OW record in IndiaCorrelation doesn't imply causation. There's no way this drops that low

It came quite close to breaking the OW record for a Hollywood film.

Yea, that doesn't really occur in the U.S. outside of bargain Tuesdays. People paying $12 to see Avengers in 3D today will still be paying $12 to see it in 3D a month from now.

maybe... I'm not sure... most of the theaters I have checked in US charge $10-12 during the OW, so I thought they charged something extra during OW.

maybe... I'm not sure... most of the theaters I have checked in US charge $10-12 during the OW, so I thought they charged something extra during OW.

I'm assuming then most of those theatres are in big cities?