Shawn

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

SUNDAY UPDATE: BOXOFFICE confirms $200.3 million Weekend Estimate for AVENGERS!: http://www.boxoffice...-midnight-shows

ORIGINAL NIKKI ESTIMATES: http://www.deadline....china-openings/

**NOTE: We are testing out a new system for the next few weeks where we will be maintaining one single discussion topic for each weekend's box office results. This means Friday numbers, Sat numbers, Sun numbers/weekend estimates, etc. will all take place in ONE topic.

Please feel to start a new topic with each major update and a staff member will merge that new topic with the existing one while updating the title in the process to reflect the most current news.

If a link does not exist in the first post, please PM a Moderator with the link to the announcement of each major update (from Nikki, Boxoffice, Guru, etc.) and we'll add it to the first post so that members can more easily find the most up-to-date announcement in the middle of each topic.

If you have suggestions for how to help us improve the new system, please forward them along to me or post a new topic in the Help Desk & Suggestion Board.

Edited by baumer

:wub: Nikki. Haters be damned

So this means it will probably go up to about 73-75 mill. :lol:

DON'T FALL FOR ITLIES!IT'S SURE TO GO DOWN

I expected a matinee report instead. Not taking Nikki's full day estimates very seriously That'd be about 46.3-48.3 M for Friday. I don't see that happening

I think its low-balling. Matinees can't be expected to be big on the first weekend of May.

• Like 2

Can it go higher?

It can go higher. It can go lower. This number basically means nothing. Nikki just wants the exclusive :wub:
  • Like 6

Good or bad it's just way too early to tell where it's gonna land tonight, lol.

It can go higher. It can go lower. This number basically means nothing. Nikki just wants the exclusive :wub:

First.

Yeah, she didn't even give a matinee figure. This just wreaks of trying to be first

• Like 1

She's full of shit. $70+ million for sure, probably $75+ million.

Yup. Though I don't think she's full of it, just reporting what her sources tell her -- and they're probably erring on the side of caution.

I think its low-balling. Matinees can't be expected to be big on the first weekend of May.

Exactly. I'd bet anything this goes up to at least $70m.

That's ridiculous. 65m is too low. What the HELL is the point of predicting when it's early afternoon? :stop: