Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

They can't dump, but they also can't ignore The Avengers. I can totally see they making arrangements to support both movies somehow.

Read the post above yours. It simply can't happen even if they wanted to.

Read the post above yours. It simply can't happen even if they wanted to.

I've read this: "Warner Bros. has a deal with IMAX for 20 movies this year, Dark Shadows being one of them. So, Avengers will not have IMAX for this weekend, but it could have it the week after. The same thing happened with The Hunger Games when Wrath of the Titans came out. It had it the first week, lost it the second and then got it back on its 3rd or 4th week."

Well, I can see this working in favor of The Avengers. It could make people boycott Dark Shadows and wait for The Avengers come back to the IMAX screenings the week after.

They wouldn't dare piss off Warner Bros with TDKR coming. That will end up being the biggest IMAX film ever. Nobody benefits from that sort of situation.

Edited by Magic

They wouldn't dare piss off Warner Bros with TDKR coming. That will end up being the biggest IMAX film ever.

No, Avatar will keep that record. And what is WB going to do anyway? Take its ball and go home? Not like there is any other option for them with TDKR, especially since it doesn't have 3D.

Yeah, they're idiots and basically, it sounds to me like they underestimated this movies box office potential..Now, I've seen this movie 2 times now, both times in 2D.. Is it worth the 3D IMAX Price Red or just stick with 2D??

Not just underestimating this, but overestimating WB's ability.

Yeah, they're idiots and basically, it sounds to me like they underestimated this movies box office potential..Now, I've seen this movie 2 times now, both times in 2D.. Is it worth the 3D IMAX Price Red or just stick with 2D??

I only watched it in 2D, but I've heard bad things about the 3D. Sounds like a waste of money.

Who wants to bet that we'll see reports of The Avengers being screened in IMAX next weekend? I don't know how, but people will demand that. And they will get.

Things will get nasty next weekend, I can predict that. If Warner gets mad, it'll be even worse, because people will still be wanting to see The Avengers in IMAX screenings and Warner will come off as a bully, trying to deny them that.

The fact it happened with The Hunger Games won't change the fact that The Avengers is a box office monster of unprecedent proportions. Things will get nasty and there will be blood. >)

Edited by iJackSparrow