Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I'll be fucking pissed if that happens. I don't care when studios do this to get a nice round number, but not when it's to break a record. Especially such an important one like the OW record....

Who gives a shit at this point? Potter is only around 5th all-time in opening ticket sales but broke the record by $11m thanks to 3D and inflation. The 3D boost isn't any different than Puerto Rico. Hell, I'd argue it's worse. Puerto Rico is a tiny amount. DH2 would have made $18m less without 3D.

Who gives a shit at this point? Potter is only around 5th all-time in opening ticket sales but broke the record by $11m thanks to 3D and inflation. The 3D boost isn't any different than Puerto Rico. Hell, I'd argue it's worse. Puerto Rico is a tiny amount. DH2 would have made $18m less without 3D.

:trolls:

This one of the reason why I want TDKR to beat Avengers OW and the year. 2D film has not won the year since back in 2008.

This one of the reason why I want TDKR to beat Avengers OW and the year. 2D film has not won the year since back in 2008.

To be fair, the #1 films of those years were also the highest ticket sellers that year, regardless of 3D help.

Hope THG gets to about 7M for the weekend. That would be a 35% drop. I want 400M dammit!

I predicted a 35% drop. I knew it wouldn't drop huge like some were predicting. It's week to week drops over the dailies were too good to have that happen.

3 comparison films I'll be using. IM2, Thor, SM3. All opened on the same weekend, and days align perfectly with SM3. Remember, my system projects based on how a film is performing relative to the comparison film, so the fact that this may have better legs than all 3 will be shown in the projections

To be fair, the #1 films of those years were also the highest ticket sellers that year, regardless of 3D help.

If The Dark Knight Rises make around 450-460m and The Avengers would 470-500m TDKR would have sold more tickets but loose the year. It would be interesting if that happen.

If The Dark Knight Rises make around 450-460m and The Avengers would 470-500m TDKR would have sold more tickets but loose the year. It would be interesting if that happen.

And depending how well The Hobbit does it can play a factor as well. I am fairly certain that TDKR will be the highest ticket seller of the year, but it will have a harder time winning the domestic crown.

And depending how well The Hobbit does it can play a factor as well. I am fairly certain that TDKR will be the highest ticket seller of the year, but it will have a harder time winning the domestic crown.

Big disadvantage. I'm predicting $425m for TDKR. The normal 3D boost of 15% would be $489m for either Avengers or Hobbit. I think Avengers has a pretty legit shot at $500m based on the crowd reactions during my showing.

First year with 4 400m+ films?

I sure hope so. THG, TA, TDKR and TH were my four most anticipated films at the start of the year. Having all four hitting 400M would be brilliant.