Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Come on, grab your friends! We're going to very distant lands! Hourglass Pictures is teaming up with Pendleton Ward to create a trilogy of Adventure Time movies! The first will be released in Y7 or Y8, with each new installment being released every other year.

Will you be making them mostly comedy or will you go the serious route? I love when the show explores its own mythology seriously, so I'm curious.

That has gone down in the CAYOM history books as perhaps the biggest meme of all-time (CAYOM-wise).

Yep, it will never be forgotten.I already know how to work it into the film. Hopefully it'll be as funny as it is in my head.

That has gone down in the CAYOM history books as perhaps the biggest meme of all-time (CAYOM-wise).

I just read the name. That is fucking glorious, I can't wait to read it! Edited by CJohn

This is one of my most anticipated CAYOM movies. Narnia books deserve better movies.

I'm more of a book purist (Except for DH1 which I thought stuck to the book too much that it dragged. :lol:), so my movie will be more truthful to what happened instead of revisionist writing. But some things definitely will be changed though.And, tentative release date will be the week before Thanksgiving Year 7. That weekend and early may is becoming my perennially favourite release dates. Don't like releasing big movies past Memorial Day in the summer for some strange reason. :lol: Don't know why. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I'm more of a book purist (Except for DH1 which I thought stuck to the book too much that it dragged. :lol:), so my movie will be more truthful to what happened instead of revisionist writing. But some things definitely will be changed though.

Sometimes, some things need to be changed (specially in The Last Battle).

Sometimes, some things need to be changed (specially in The Last Battle).

Definitely. Would people be mad if I actually elaborated on the Pevensie's adventures after the end of the book? Edited by riczhang

Definitely. Would people be made if I actually elaborated on the Pevensie's adventures after the end of the book?

I wouldn't be mad, if that is what you are asking. Seems like a good idea. Edited by CJohn

I wouldn't be mad, if that is what you are asking. Seems like a good idea.

Thanks. I kinda feel like that the ending ends the book nicely but for a movie it'd be anticlimatic especially since it'd be the last of 7 movies. That's one of the biggest qualms I had with HP, the epilogue felt nice but in the movie it felt kinda hollow and weird.

Don't leave Susan out. That's all I ask.

Susan was written out in the book though, so I can't really do anything with that. And, I think that the symbolism behind it is nice as well. How, she kinda grew out of her innocence, and her purity which makes Narnia really the place it ideally is. It's sad that one has to be left behind though.

I'd like to do Horse and His Boy. That's my favorite Narnia book. It's quite different than the rest. If you plan to do it, it's obviously yours, but if it's on the side, I'd like to give it a go some point.

I plan on doing it second, as I have some ideas for it. However I haven't decided yet if I'm going to have the ending of LWW be as they return back to earth, and in the process skipping over the time period of Horse and His Boy, before returning to it for Movie two. Or I could end with the crowning at Cair Paravel, which I think at least for a movie is a better and more definite ending. Then, Horse and His Boy happens with of course excess material about the Pevensies. Then, them returning to Earth would be the opening for Magician's Nephew, and that movie would be told on the premise that this is Professor Kirk telling the story to the Pevensies. If Horse and His Boy doesn't pan out, you can do it. (Or, if you're patient I'm sure a remake the entire series maybe two decades down the road could work as well. :lol:;) ) But, yeah, if I don't do it you can.

I'd like to do Horse and His Boy. That's my favorite Narnia book. It's quite different than the rest. If you plan to do it, it's obviously yours, but if it's on the side, I'd like to give it a go some point.

Meh, it's up to riczhang. Considering all the Narnia books have a role in the series, I'd expect him to adapt Horse and His Boy.

The thing I love about CAYOM is that people only age in Real World Time. I would've never gotten away with doing Lion Witch Wardrobe, and then Caspian about 4-5 years later in real life. :lol: The cast would've aged too much. Here it's not a problem.

The thing I love about CAYOM is that people only age in Real World Time. I would've never gotten away with doing Lion Witch Wardrobe, and then Caspian about 4-5 years later in real life. :lol: The cast would've aged too much. Here it's not a problem.

As Water Bottle said, "Consider it a magical world where aging has slowed down."

Susan was written out in the book though, so I can't really do anything with that. And, I think that the symbolism behind it is nice as well. How, she kinda grew out of her innocence, and her purity which makes Narnia really the place it ideally is. It's sad that one has to be left behind though.

I guess, but it always made me sad when I read the books... Granted, I shouldn't really be sad since she's the only one who doesn't "die," but still...
  • Like 1