Impact

2011 Best Actor Predictions

I think I shall throw out a prediction before SAG, Globes and BFCA all announce nominees in the next couple of days.George Clooney - The DescendantsJean Dujardin - The ArtistMichael Fassbender - ShameGary Oldman - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, SpyBrad Pitt - MoneyballI think Michael Shannon is on the rise. There's a potential for him to knock out Fass or Oldman. I still think it's going to be Clooney's to lose.

Current:Jonah Hill for The SitterNick Swardson for Bucky LarsonAdam Sandler for Jack and JillWhoops! Wrong awards :P ;)Brad Pitt for MoneyballThe main star in The ArtistGary Oldman for Tinker...George Clooney for The DescendentsLeo for J. Edgar (Yeah longshot, but hey Jolie was nominated for The Changling)

I am still keeping this post SAG.

So, I'm thinking Leo makes it in over Oldman now *grumpyface*Although you never know! Bardem only got a BAFTA nomination before his Oscar nomination and Tinker Tailor is surely going to get much love from bafta. Academy also has a lot more British voters than other groups.

True at that. (Surprise Focus didn't realize it wide this week)This looks to be a low grossing year at the Oscars-other then The Help and War Horse. (Which I imagine The Help could actually still make it even if there were just 5 noms. I can imagine a pic/director split with The Help and Moneyball)

Current:Jonah Hill for The SitterNick Swardson for Bucky LarsonAdam Sandler for Jack and JillWhoops! Wrong awards :P ;)Brad Pitt for MoneyballThe main star in The ArtistGary Oldman for Tinker...George Clooney for The DescendentsLeo for J. Edgar (Yeah longshot, but hey Jolie was nominated for The Changling)

Okay, Oldman seems to be losing steam.

This is an exciting year at lead actor because there is no clear frontrunner. Clooney has been garnering buzz, but Pitt has been too, and those are both some heavy-hitters. Then here's the darkhorse Dujurdin, who could surprise. Fassbender's victory would be the nomination, and god I hope Oldman makes it in.