CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

You have to ground it somewhat and making The HULK look like he did in Ang Lee's version would've elicited laughs in the wrong way.. I'll never forget how many folks laughed in HULK 2003 when he was just about to throw down with the HULK DOGS and he picks up Jennifer Connoly with 1 hand that looked like the size of KING KONG'S Hand and it was just sooooo bad..LOL!!!

Yeah Hulk was way to big in that scene. I didn't like the way his size changed depending how angry he was although again that may be correct to he comics, i don't know.

Ha ha i don't know about that. Also a bit off topic but anyone else think Hulk looked a little small in The Avengers?, i'm not a big comic reader so i don't know if he's supposed to be that small.

I am prrett sure Whedon/Feige addressed this. In the previous movies he was to unrealistic, in the Avengers he more in line with the comics.

Well do the numbers Fishnets.I also used a 30% drop for a 4-day memorial weekend which is quite harsh...Spider Man 3 droped 37% but that was because it was bad and faced an adjusted 175 million 4-day opener...IM2, IM and Thor droped around 20%

Edited by Lordmandeep

So Depp fatigue finally kicked in? people tired of his picking shit scripts?

Probably a bit yeah although i thought the film looked terrible and to be honest, Burton seems to sleep walk through his films now. He used to be one of my favorite directors but all the Gothic, Depp and Bonham Carter line is really starting to get old.

Well do the numbers Fishnets.I also used a 30% drop for a 4-day memorial weekend which is quite harsh...Spider Man 3 droped 37% but that was because it was bad and faced an adjusted 175 million 4-day opener...

I did the numbers and they show $650 mio is reasonable and that`s $50 mio away from $700 mio. Avatar may be safe but TA could come in close proximity. Depending on how new movies affect it. DS didn`t do dent, most likely badly buzzed Battleship won`t either.

Well do the numbers Fishnets.I also used a 30% drop for a 4-day memorial weekend which is quite harsh...Spider Man 3 droped 37% but that was because it was bad and faced an adjusted 175 million 4-day opener...

TA will pass 500M around the memorial day weekend. 600M is pretty much happening.

lol this is heading for a 50 million + 3rd weekend and 35-40 million memorial day...This is going to cause a lot of problems for openers in the next 2 weekend...

Well those openers include Battleship and MIB3 so that sounds great to me. :lol:

Let's not go overboard with the Saturday number. I'd say 110M is the most it's doing this weekend. That's only a 47% drop which is just incredible. Never thought I'd see a Summer movie that broke OW record have a sub 50% drop after SM. This just might do it! :D

Let's not go overboard with the Saturday number. I'd say 110M is the most it's doing this weekend. That's only a 47% drop which is just incredible. Never thought I'd see a Summer movie that broke OW record have a sub 50% drop after SM. This just might do it! :D

Thats what you get with out of this world WOM.

It broke every 2nd weekend record easily ^^^Frankly I am just hoping for 100 million.I just want to see headline on Sunday "TA gets a 100 million 2nd weekend'A few weeks back the idea of a film getting a 100 million 2nd weekend was absurd.

Edited by Lordmandeep